Is Reuben OK ?

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
He limped off ( cramps ? ) and I know the only one I`ve heard mentioned as to potentially missing time is Ardarius. Haven`t heard specifically about Reuben. Good sign, I hope?

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
He limped off ( cramps ? ) and I know the only one I`ve heard mentioned as to potentially missing time is Ardarius. Haven`t heard specifically about Reuben. Good sign, I hope?
I don't even think Saban mentioned him when talking about the injured in his presser today which is a good sign.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
I don't even think Saban mentioned him when talking about the injured in his presser today which is a good sign.
Right - he mentioned Eddie & Minkah would be fine. Wasn't sure about Stewart (sprained knee to be evaluated today but didn't think it was serious) No mention of Reuben.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Right - he mentioned Eddie & Minkah would be fine. Wasn't sure about Stewart (sprained knee to be evaluated today but didn't think it was serious) No mention of Reuben.

My assumption, since RF was carted off and then returned, that he was one of the players Saban mentioned had to have IVs...

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
My assumption, since RF was carted off and then returned, that he was one of the players Saban mentioned had to have IVs...
Yep - forgot he had mentioned that. Must have been hot as heck there. That is unusual for our guys to cramp up like that.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He needed an IV. He lost weight so it can cause cramping issues
Bingo. This was CNS's introduction topic of his presser. Imo, this was the most physical heat field game that I can remember in a long time. The refs just let it go, until players started dropping.

Rueben is OK. But having to IV coaches was telling.

The earlier start to the season makes these early games dangerous.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada

Glad you asked the question, brother.

Because I've been wondering the very same thing, and posted it in an earlier thread...

As others have said, since Coach didn't mention him, I took it as a good sign.

Even tho seeing him carted off caused me no small amount of angst...

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Truth be told I kept seeing these top flight players leave the field (Reuben Foster, Ardarius Stewart, Minkah Fitzpatrick, Eddie Jackson) and towards the end I wondered at what cost we had just won that game. Was extremely relieved to hear Coach talk about it. We have been blessed with health.

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Bingo. This was CNS's introduction topic of his presser. Imo, this was the most physical heat field game that I can remember in a long time. The refs just let it go, until players started dropping.

Rueben is OK. But having to IV coaches was telling.

The earlier start to the season makes these early games dangerous.
I do remember at the beginning of the game, them saying it was in the 80s with 75-80% humidity and thought... dehydration city. That level of humidity was going to mean a lot more water loss, and that it would feel more like 105 or so.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.