Coach Saban's 200th win

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Coach Saban's total college coaching record is now 199-60-1...(.767 winning percentage). This is his true but unofficial record. Therefore Coach will be going for his milestone 200th win against his alma mater Kent State this Saturday.
Of course....the NCAA only recognizes 194 wins. In 2007 Bama had to vacate 5 wins due to the stupid textbook scandal.
RollTide! Good luck this weekend coach!

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
Coach Saban's total college coaching record is now 199-60-1...(.767 winning percentage). This is his true but unofficial record. Therefore Coach will be going for his milestone 200th win against his alma mater Kent State this Saturday.
Of course....the NCAA only recognizes 194 wins. In 2007 Bama had to vacate 5 wins due to the stupid textbook scandal.
RollTide! Good luck this weekend coach!
2 birds. 1 stone. This means he has opportunity for 200th recognized against the corndogs. :biggrin:

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Coach Saban's total college coaching record is now 199-60-1...(.767 winning percentage).
Of those 199 wins, 108 have been at Alabama, which is pretty remarkable. It goes without saying that Coach Saban has been fantastic for Alabama, but Alabama's been pretty fantastic for him as well.

trenda

Hall of Fame
May 17, 2000
Hendersonville, TN USA
Of those 199 wins, 108 have been at Alabama, which is pretty remarkable. It goes without saying that Coach Saban has been fantastic for Alabama, but Alabama's been pretty fantastic for him as well.
Especially since so many claimed he wouldn't stay at Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
I just flat out refuse to acknowlege the NCAA's vacated win edicts. Our boys won those games on the field and I intend to keep on claiming those victories - too much sacrifice was given to have some guy in a suit take them away with paper and pen.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Especially since so many claimed he wouldn't stay at Bama.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yep, and at the end of every year they want to speculate on his retirement. Thing is, coach has a lot more ball in him - a lot more!

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I just flat out refuse to acknowlege the NCAA's vacated win edicts. Our boys won those games on the field and I intend to keep on claiming those victories - too much sacrifice was given to have some guy in a suit take them away with paper and pen.
I'm still plenty ticked with what it did to our overall wins/winning percentage totals.

Before the sanctions stemming from the Jelks/Langham deal hit, we were 3rd in all time wins and all time winning percentage behind Notre Dame and Michigan. All of that hit and then we had the issues with DuBose/fRAN/Shula with mediocre seasons from all the probation nonsense, and we tumbled down the list.

Now, after a decade with Coach Saban, we are 5th in winning percentage, and 6th in total wins. I don't have the patience to try and re-work the math on the winning percentage if we got the ncaa forfeits and vacated wins back. But, if you added back the 8 forfeits from 1993, and the 21 vacated wins from the textbook deal, our all-time wins would be 896. Good for 2nd place behind only Michigan's 928.

Over the years teams like Texas, Nebraska, Ohio State and Penn State passed us. Since Coach Saban has been here, we've worked our way back to 5th, still behind Texas (887), Nebraska (883), and Ohio State (878). Hell, I'm mad enough that I will give the winning percentage a shot. So our "official" record today stands at 867-326-43. If the forfeits are added back (and removed from the losses column) the record would change to 875-317-44. Then, if we added back the 21 vacated wins, our all time record would be 896-317-44. That would give us a winning percentage of: .7303. This would us 3rd behind Notre Dame and Michigan who are at .731.

Yes. The ncaa nonsense of forfeits/vacated wins do tick me off royally. And the rankings might be somewhat off because I haven't factored in other programs forfeits or vacations. But I can't recall Michigan/Notre Dame/Ohio State/Nebraska/Texas ever suffering anything significant at the hands of the ncaa. I think maybe Ohio State lost some wins from the Tressel era. Maybe Texas did from the old SWC renegade days. Someone can enlighten me if that's the case.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
That is simply an amazing statistic right there. The more intriguing scenario is that IMHO he still has the fire and stamina to double his all-time Bama wins total. Do I dare suggest that we ain't seen nothing yet?

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Congratulations to Coach Saban for his 200th win!
200-60-1 all time college coaching record.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.