Question: In the hospital

Had mine out 3/29/16. I was one of the more rare and (un)lucky people who began laparoscopically and during the course of surgery had to be opened up the old-fashioned way. Of course the doc said mine was the biggest, baddest he'd seen in 34 years of doing surgery, so I'm that unusual (if you've never noticed before). Went back to work April 25. My first attack occurred in the we hours of 3/23. Wasn't happy about having surgery but I definitely survived. Given that mine ended up being an open procedure so he could feel what was liver and what was gallbladder as he was separating the two (GB was full of stones, infected, and necrosed and fused with the liver in places) (plus it was too big to get out laparoscopically), my recovery was much longer than the laparoscopic procedure. I would have been back to work in 6 days if he didn't have to open me up. Bonus points: I got a picture of it after it was out.

P.S. You'll be fine. My experience is pretty rare actually. Complications are rare. Very common procedure.
Thanks for that. They are also somewhat concerned about my appendix.

Sent from my wife's old iPhone 6 until I get my 7+ using Tapatalk

OreBama

All-American
Sep 26, 2005
Portland, OR
Believe me, I will. I may have to make Patron my favorite drink from here on out.

Honestly, liquor isn't as bad for your gallbladder as fatty foods. I'd eat as low fat a diet as possible until you have to fast for surgery.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
My wife had hers out a few years ago with no problems.

Good timing getting it done the week of Kent State.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Goods news, I can eat anything I want and typically without pain or other nasty problems. Some have to really watch the fat and grease after surgery. I was hesitant for a good while before easing back into normal foods. Very few problems. I would take it easy at first though and go slow.

Goods news, I can eat anything I want and typically without pain or other nasty problems. Some have to really watch the fat and grease after surgery. I was hesitant for a good while before easing back into normal foods. Very few problems. I would take it easy at first though and go slow.
Luckily, I changed my diet before, but the strange thing is my issues could have been because of my diet change.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Had mine out 3/29/16. I was one of the more rare and (un)lucky people who began laparoscopically and during the course of surgery had to be opened up the old-fashioned way. Of course the doc said mine was the biggest, baddest he'd seen in 34 years of doing surgery, so I'm that unusual (if you've never noticed before). Went back to work April 25. My first attack occurred in the we hours of 3/23. Wasn't happy about having surgery but I definitely survived. Given that mine ended up being an open procedure so he could feel what was liver and what was gallbladder as he was separating the two (GB was full of stones, infected, and necrosed and fused with the liver in places) (plus it was too big to get out laparoscopically), my recovery was much longer than the laparoscopic procedure. I would have been back to work in 6 days if he didn't have to open me up. Bonus points: I got a picture of it after it was out.

P.S. You'll be fine. My experience is pretty rare actually. Complications are rare. Very common procedure.
That's one of the worst I've heard of. You're lucky you didn't get into peritonitis..

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
i have known several people that say that. i have not had any issues at all. some people even have said they need to be near a bathroom when eating certain foods. again i have not had any issues with that.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.