*** 3* SG Herb Jones (Moundville, AL) Signs with Alabama ***

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Link

Moundville (Ala.) Hale County shooting guard Herb Jones has set his commitment date for Oct. 6, his birthday, according to a report from AL.com's Drew Champlin.

The report also states that Jones' top five consists of the Tide, Auburn, Florida, Georgia and Georgia Tech, in no specific order.

Jones will take his final two official visits to Georgia this weekend and Alabama the weekend of Oct. 1 when the football team hosts Kentucky.

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Re: 3* SG Herb Jones (Moundville, AL) Announcing on October 6

Most kids come in needing to gain weight. Look at Donta Hall, skinny as a rail ,but great desire and work ethic. He has gained some good weight in the off season and I expect he may start at center. He is a perfect example of a kid who needed to gain weight to compete effectively at the SEC level.

My question is how many do we sign? If we sign Jones, do we have a chance of signing 4 or 5 more kids?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Florida took the commitment of a 2017 PF today. This appears to fill up their recruiting class, which takes them out of Herb's recruitment. Hopefully we get good news on Thursday.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Good pick-up. One of two today and several more in the coming months. Welcome and RTR Herb.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Was listening to a podcast yesterday. Avery was interviewed about the upcoming season. He mentioned Herb as a guy that hasn't gotten much publicity and then compared him to a young Scottie Pippen before he got to college.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I heard Mo Williams on the Finebaum show this week. He said he is still close to the program and talks to a lot of people in T-town and he said from what he has been told Herb is going to be a star.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL

I heard Mo Williams on the Finebaum show this week. He said he is still close to the program and talks to a lot of people in T-town and he said from what he has been told Herb is going to be a star.
That was a really good interview with Mo. He said the best backcourt will not be in Lexington but Tuscaloosa. I agree with him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Good to see Mo representing Bama Basketball - wish we could bet more guys like him more involved

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Not trying to rush football season but ... COME ON OCTOBER lol

I'm really excited to see what this team can accomplish this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.