Game Thread: UF @ UT (was: discussion / rumors)

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Tennessee will not be on a emotional high, like they were in the 2nd half yesterday.
But in turn Georgia could be on an emotional LOW that they were the WHOLE GAME yesterday. I know everyone loves Kirby, but UGA is hot garbage this year and the most fortunate 3-1 team in the country. They are very fortunate to not be 1-3 after Nicholas St and a last minute 4th down td against Mizzou. Yes Tennessee has been down this year to App St and Ohio, but they have also beat UF and VT. And the Vols have a lot more experience than the Dawgs.

FWIW I wouldn't be totally shocked if the Dawgs win, but Im more leaning toward where both teams left off at the end of their games yesterday.

Last edited:

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Tennessee will give us problems precisely because they are an emotional team. Had that game finished on the trajectory it was on at halftime, I would have been far less concerned about UT. Now, they have confidence. See 2010 and 2013 Auburn for how that works out.

We are more talented and deep than they are and have a far better coaching staff. But all it takes are a couple of well timed mistakes. Now, Georgia looks like a cake walk for them but I will say Texas A&M might derail them.
Yeah, they are giving off similar vibes to those Auburn teams. Talented enough to knock anyone off when the momentum's running their way.

Probably the most concerning aspect of our matchup with them is that their offense and ability to build momentum is almost entirely built off of big passing plays. They've got a couple of very talented WRs... similar to the guys at Ole Miss who have made us pay on go up and get it passes. To be clear, Dobbs is a poor passer and their passing game is only really likely to connect on one or two of every couple handfuls of plays, but they've got that heave it up in desperation and still make you pay ability that's bothered us for a long time. And of course, they hit just one of those, and their running game really opens up. It's an offense that has a tendency to be absolutely stagnant for long stretches; but it threatens some of the areas that have had a history of being Bama (relative) weak spots.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.