Game Thread: UF @ UT (was: discussion / rumors)

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
This could be interesting - UF has won 11 in a row and is marching in to Neyland this weekend. Line has ut by 9 or so points. I don't see ut's offense doing much against this UF defense, and coach Mac has closed practices completely this week - rumors has it Del Rio's knee sprain isn't nearly as bad as Mac insinuated and he will play. Other rumors flying around are that UF is installing a new offensive ripple this week that they had the players working on over the summer...

Should be a good game, would please me immensely if UF were to win by 1 point - again! :biggrin2:

Last edited:

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Re: UF @ UT discussion / rumors

This could be interesting - UF has won 11 in a row and is marching gin to Neyland this weekend. Line has ut by 9 or so points. I don't see ut's offense doing much against this UF defense, and coach Mac has closed practices completely this week - rumors has it Del Rio's knee sprain isn't nearly as bad as Mac insinuated and he will play. Other rumors flying around are that UF is installing a new offensive ripple this week that they had the players working on over the summer...

Should be a good game, would please me immensely if UF were to win by 1 point - again! :biggrin2:
I hope CJM is pulling a fast-one.... If for no other reason - then to hear UT itch and moan....

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art

CJM hasn't pulled any Kirby Smart style nonsense as far as I can recall, and generally I prefer Florida's success over Tennessee's, however there is the SoS component. Long story short, I like Florida a lot more than Tennessee, but I don't care that much about the outcome. Could be interesting to see if the wheels fall off of the Tennessee hype train though.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Pulling for Bazza and the news that TN might be considering Fulmer for AD has me anti-Vols again.

twofbyc

Hall of Fame
Oct 14, 2009

Well, I think it's becoming a trend now where all teams in the SEC W (and UT) are almost predicating a "good season" with beating Bama; even an OM player said it last week, they wanna beat Bama more than anybody else (even MSU).
We know how the barn and the who's feel, and those on sloppy top ain't any different.
They will play a better game against Bama than anyone else; it wouldn't shock me if the lizards beat them. Since UT is at the top of my list of "undesirables", I'd have to say I'd love to see it happen. I dunno how much Sutton being gone will hurt the sloppy toppers, because of the Del Rio situation.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida

Many of you know Coach McElwain better than I do but he seems to be a bit of a poker player with all of his comments, so take that for what it's worth on the rumors, etc.

That said, I'm honestly expecting us to play our Purdue transfer Austin Appleby as our starting QB. I don't see Luke Del Rio coming in at all, which is fine by me because with our defense, our kicker, and our running game....I think we'll be fine (as long as we don't turn the ball over).

I also feel that we will get UT's best game of the year, so if that indeed happens with all their talent - we'll have quite a challenge.

Bottom line is our defense should win us the game, IMHO.

That's all I have but appreciate the conversation and everyone's support....Go Gators!

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL

CJM hasn't pulled any Kirby Smart style nonsense as far as I can recall, and generally I prefer Florida's success over Tennessee's, however there is the SoS component. Long story short, I like Florida a lot more than Tennessee, but I don't care that much about the outcome. Could be interesting to see if the wheels fall off of the Tennessee hype train though.
You're spot on with the kirby smart reference there. I like coach mc and I think he appreciates what CNS did for him. Others not so much.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.