Link: The College Snowflakes now have a new pastime, in place at Mizzou

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
And comparing a college student's stress to that of a soldier at war is silly.
That definitely would be silly. But, I'm not comparing the level of stress. I'm saying the stress-relieving activity is the same. Some college students and soldiers relieve stress with video games. Why is one activity (video games) acceptable for both groups and the other (coloring) acceptable only for soldiers? I'm assuming soldiers playing video games is OK and college students playing video games aren't wusses.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
you didn't graduate with 6 figures of debt either and then walk into a stagnant or declining job market, stress takes many forms just because yours sucked doesn't mean theirs doesn't too

Hey hold up just a second. I thought the economy was booming under Barack Obama. These kids ought be able to walk right into a great job out of college.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm (almost) 38 and I play video games to relieve stress, sometimes to create stress and most of the time just to have fun.

Some "older" folks (you know, the ones who get mad when you stand up in BDS) think video games are a waste of time. If coloring works for some then so be it, who am I to belittle them for it, after all I still play those blasted electronic game contraptions.
I'm not sure why we're comparing the two - coloring books have been considered a child's item basically forever. Sure, there are niches of adults who enjoy them, just as there are adults who enjoy dressing their dolls, etc.

On the other hand, video games have long been multigenerational - even in the 1980s, when the consoles exploded on the scene, they were accepted as adult entertainment. There are even professional gamers.

I kinda figured this was obvious but again, whatever floats your boat.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I try not to cuss around my daughter, so I spray painted profanities on my living room wall.
the gals came back to the house at the beginning of the 4th quarter, but my transition back to non-cussing bama watching wasn't super smooth.

"daddy, why did you say ----"

"that's not what daddy said"

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think it's a perfect example of a group of people who can't handle basic stress as their lives have been so overly-protected by helicopter parents that they don't know how to cope with any adversity.

And comparing a college student's stress to that of a soldier at war is silly.

But whatever - we can agree to disagree. I'm just glad my kids don't feel the need to ball up and grab a coloring book when the real world inevitably smacks them in the face.

And yeah, I guess I am calling a (non-special-needs) adult who needs a coloring book to deal with stress a wuss.
YOU'RE A MEANIE!!!! YOU HURT MY FEELINGS!!! Now tell me how special and important I am to help get my confidence back.

Bodhisattva

Hall of Fame
Aug 22, 2001
Ponte Vedra Beach, Florida
the gals came back to the house at the beginning of the 4th quarter, but my transition back to non-cussing bama watching wasn't super smooth.

"daddy, why did you say ----"

"that's not what daddy said"
I did better (barely) this year than last year's OM game. My daughter collected $20 (cussing fines) from me over the course of that fiasco. I almost had to go to the ATM machine when they threw the TD pass with linemen down field. ;)

bamachile

Hall of Fame
Jul 27, 2007
Oakdale, Louisiana
I de-stress by going to the NS board and reading controversial threads that cause everyone to bash each other.

My doctor said I'm eating too much popcorn, however.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The universities are offering these books which means that they will factor into tuition costs. That would make them different than video games.

Don't want to pay high tuition costs? Learn a skill and go blue collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
The universities are offering these books which means that they will factor into tuition costs. That would make them different than video games.

Don't want to pay high tuition costs? Learn a skill and go blue collar.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agreed. Probably need to tone down the student loans and schollies for philosophy, sociology, art history, poli-sci majors, among others. If you want to major in that, it's fine, just don't expect to be over-employable. In the words of Judge Smails "Well, the world needs ditch diggers too."

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
you didn't graduate with 6 figures of debt either and then walk into a stagnant or declining job market, stress takes many forms just because yours sucked doesn't mean theirs doesn't too
Thus why the terms educated and intelligent aren't nearly as synonymous as some try to make it seem.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.