Tony Brown Suspension (UPDATE: Eligible Against Kentucky)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: Nick Saban knows verdict of Tony Brown's NCAA suspension appeal, he just can't re

Johnny Dwight was/is suspended, too?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Re: Nick Saban knows verdict of Tony Brown's NCAA suspension appeal, he just can't re

Nick Saban knows EVERYTHING.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

I wonder if Tony knows what the decision is, the article didn't say.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

I'm sure Tony knows, too.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Were they both recruited by OM perchance?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa

Well, you may have forgot but I've been waiting to see when he is available and what that could mean for the secondary. I've figured he'd end up being the star thus allowing Fitzpatrick and Humphrey to be dedicated outside corners. Averett hasn't done poorly but Fitz/Hump/Brown is our most experienced trio of corners.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

We'll sure notice it when he comes back. He was really needed with the attrition Saturday...
Yes he was. When Fitz and Eddie were out and we went to dime, Ole miss TORCHED us in the 4th quarter. Approx 150 yards on 13 plays. all passing. No guarantee TB would have fared better, but we had two guys out there who'd barely played in Carter and Thompson and that's not ideal against a QB like kelly.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Well, you may have forgot but I've been waiting to see when he is available and what that could mean for the secondary. I've figured he'd end up being the star thus allowing Fitzpatrick and Humphrey to be dedicated outside corners. Averett hasn't done poorly but Fitz/Hump/Brown is our most experienced trio of corners.
Averrett seems to be playing well.

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL

I am definitely looking forward to Tony returning to the lineup, and I think he will make an immediate impact in the secondary as well as special teams if they continue to use him there as in the past.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa

Beyond the ability to plan personnel, the fact that Saban knows when the suspension ends, but can't say when that is, doesn't sound good.

If Brown were scheduled to be eligible against KSU or UK, you have to figure the NCAA would be OK with announcing that. Sounds to me like this is at least half the season, but not the full year.

Anybody else have a different read?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia

Very peculiar situation. He is a supreme talent though and I hope dearly that he will be back in the rotation sooner than later. Someone asked about OM but I believe this has something to do with behavior from last season. No confirmed word on that or anything, but I think it's more likely than a tie with OM. Who knows, though.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Yes he was. When Fitz and Eddie were out and we went to dime, Ole miss TORCHED us in the 4th quarter. Approx 150 yards on 13 plays. all passing. No guarantee TB would have fared better, but we had two guys out there who'd barely played in Carter and Thompson and that's not ideal against a QB like kelly.
Didn't realize Thompson was out there. Add Hootie to the mix, too. While he's a junior, he has very little experience.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011

Didn't realize Thompson was out there. Add Hootie to the mix, too. While he's a junior, he has very little experience.
good point about hootie. Out of the 6 guys on the field as DBs then, only Hump was a true starter last year with Harrison being a solid role player in dime...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.