This will be my first true BD game experience and I need your tips

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Skip the Waysider. Food is not good and it's overpriced. Also, take a shuttle from the mall. You'll get dropped off and picked up at the southeast corner of Bryant-Denny.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
From that era, you may remember the T-shirts the staff wore at Dreamland: "No Corn, No Beans, No Slaw, No Fries, JUST RIBS, Don't Ask!", because all they sold was ribs. They do sell other things now, and the ribs are different than they used to be. Not bad - just different. Archibald's is our go-to place, but you can't go wrong with Full Moon, either.
Jim n Nicks is the most expensive of the lot, fyi.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Maybe I'm crazy, but the wife and I spend every game day at Bob's victory grill. Insane menu, 1,000,000 tv's, best wings YES BEST WINGS in town, prices are legit.

And to be honest....I have no idea why someone would go to dream land bbq. I've tried it several times. It's not bad, but I'd never make the mistake of calling it good. I believe a lot of love comes from it's Tuscaloosa association.

Jim and Knix while not great, puts out a superior product.

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

Last edited:

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
For a first time experience I think going a day early lets you see more things and eat at a couple of Landmark places. TV doesn't do Alabama and the area justice. I like to eat, so a couple of days for me to take in the sights and get in line for outstanding food and drink.

Matt0424

All-American
Jan 16, 2010
Hoover, Al
Maybe I'm crazy, but the wife and I spend every game day at Bob's victory grill. Insane menu, 1,000,000 tv's, best wings YES BEST WINGS in town, prices are legit.

And to be honest....I have no idea why someone would go to dream land bbq. I've tried it several times. It's not bad, but I'd never make the mistake of calling it good. I believe a lot of love comes from it's Tuscaloosa association.

Jim and Knix while not great, puts out a superior product.

sent from my pyromaniac note 7
This kinda strays, but as far as overall BBQ goes I'd rank them as follows:

Archibald's
Full Moon
Dreamland/Jim and Nick's

(I think Dreamland has much superior ribs to the others)

Big Bad Wolf is my favorite gameday option, though, because they set up on the strip. Plus it's easy to walk with an order of bbq nachos.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

LSUgrad2BamaDad

All-SEC
May 5, 2016
Destrehan, LA
Well, I enjoyed the visit. Liked seeing my son so happy and doing great in school.

Game was super hot, but I'm fortunate I had a respite in the a/c of the North Zone. I didn't get a yellow hammer, I had consumed enough during the game. We did get to see the MDB enter the stadium and we walked the quad.

Those Vegas folks pinned this one quite well. I think the Jacobs kid has a very bright future. I like seeing everyone playing hard until the end, despite the lead, and taking pride in the shutout. Saved it by a foot.

My my younger son, a HS freshman, requested a collared Bama shirt. We picked one up at the Supe Store. He said he sees himself there in 4 years.

We tried to get to Wayside this morning but the wait was too long and we had to get to 11a Mass. Saw coach Saban in church.

Found out about Miles on my way home. That is all, life is good.

Jkl0802

1st Team
Apr 9, 2015
Stuttgart, Germany
From that era, you may remember the T-shirts the staff wore at Dreamland: "No Corn, No Beans, No Slaw, No Fries, JUST RIBS, Don't Ask!", because all they sold was ribs. They do sell other things now, and the ribs are different than they used to be. Not bad - just different. Archibald's is our go-to place, but you can't go wrong with Full Moon, either.
Some of my best memories of College are eating Dreamland Ribs in Tuscaloosa, with extra sauce and white bread, and a large Coca-Cola.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.