Robert Foster - Injured? Or in Doghouse?

BamaGreek

All-American
Jan 6, 2007
Brentwood, TN
Seems Robert Foster is having a hard time getting back on the field since opening last season as the number 1 receiver, then getting injured in Ole Miss game. I may have missed some plays but seems he has been invisible so far this year. What's up? Is it he just can't stay healthy enough to be a factor?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
He only tweaked his knee in practice this week from what I understand. Why he didn't play/contribute more in the OM game, I don't know, but I don't believe he was injured at that time.

tideindc

2nd Team
Jan 2, 2015
I am old and occasionally delusional, so I may have completely dreamed this...but I thought I read an interview with Foster and/or his HS coach last year. In the interview Robert or his coach basically acknowledged that he had not initially "bought into" the Process. He was somewhat hard headed and wanted to do things "his way." It concluded that he would be returning to school with a better attitude towards doing things the way Bama wanted it done..not the way he thought it should be done. This may have been prior to him starting last year, and then getting injured. Bottom Line...maybe he does have an uphill battle convincing the staff he should be on the field...obviously not helped by missing last year.

JCswoosher2

Mar 6, 2015
I think with all the depth at Alabama, everyone has there 1 year to shine. IMO that was last year for Robert Foster. You didnt even hear Ridley's name until Foster got hurt. The year Ridley had last year was the year Foster was supposed to have. Same with Cam Sims. I think the year he tore his knee was supposed to be his year as well which led to Cooper being depended on so much.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think with all the depth at Alabama, everyone has there 1 year to shine. IMO that was last year for Robert Foster. You didnt even hear Ridley's name until Foster got hurt. The year Ridley had last year was the year Foster was supposed to have. Same with Cam Sims. I think the year he tore his knee was supposed to be his year as well which led to Cooper being depended on so much.
Not necessary true. I think if the opportunity is there for them to take it, they need to do all they can to seize it. Some will wait 2 years, 3 years to get an opportunity to get on the field. Look at Cam Sims and other previous players in the past.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Cam Sims has beat him out IMO. When Coach was asked about Foster he said he was doing OK but that Sims had really progressed. Foster needs to get to work if he wants reps especially when Ardarius comes back. I was expecting a huge year from Foster so this is disappointing.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Saban said that Robert Foster hurt his knee this week in practice. He was also still recovering from his bruised shoulder and was ruled out for the WKU game. I am sure he expected to have only limited reps if any against Ole Miss due to not being full speed in practice leading up to the game. And now that he tweaked his knee in practice this week, he may or may not play depending on how he recovers from it. I don't think there is anything wrong with his ability nor is there any issue with his willingness to stick to the "process." Its just simply some injuries so far that have kept him off the field. He was in the rotation during the USC game. Obviously, if he had any issue with being coached up and mentally prepared then he would not have played in that game at all. Hopefully we see him play some against Kent State. If not, he should be back for Kentucky.
Foster had 3 catches for 13 yards and 1 rush for -5 yards against W. Ky. I have not heard about a brusied shoulder.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Foster had 3 catches for 13 yards and 1 rush for -5 yards against W. Ky. I have not heard about a brusied shoulder.
Remember he injured his shoulder against Ole Miss last year. That's the only thing I can think being referenced.

MobileBama84

Scout Team
Aug 30, 2016
Daphne, AL
Wow!! You are correct! I completely got Robert Foster and Cam Sims mixed up. Sorry for the misinformation. I actually usually know what I am talking about. Haha. This whole time I was getting Sims mixed up with Foster.

So now that I got this squared aways, I'm going to go bury my head in the sand for a bit. Lol!

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.