Game Thread: CFN: Clemson vs. Georgia Tech Game Preview & Fearless Prediction

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
At first the Auburn game appeared to show Clemson was having trouble putting things back together after the championship loss last year. But look at what Auburn has done since then. They've been strong defensively against Texas A&M as well.

Still, the Clemson struggles with Troy are a bit alarming. South Carolina State was nothing more than a glorified scrimmage, so take nothing away from that.

I think it will be an interesting game tonight. Georgia Tech's triple option is a bear to get ready for on a short week.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i think tech pulls out the win tonight. mainly because i'm an alum and i don't like clemson or dabo at all and i hope that is the outcome. but also because tech is usually good for winning one upset game a year or so.

At first the Auburn game appeared to show Clemson was having trouble putting things back together after the championship loss last year. But look at what Auburn has done since then. They've been strong defensively against Texas A&M as well.

Still, the Clemson struggles with Troy are a bit alarming. South Carolina State was nothing more than a glorified scrimmage, so take nothing away from that.

I think it will be an interesting game tonight. Georgia Tech's triple option is a bear to get ready for on a short week.
I'm not sold on A&Ms offense though.

Sent from my wife's old iPhone 6 until I get my 7+ using Tapatalk

TampaTide813

Suspended
Dec 16, 2014
I think GT wins this one. Short week to prep for the triple option, plus I think the players may not be focused with Louisville coming up next week.

BTW, I think they lose to GT, reality hits that they won't just waltz back into the CFP, and they bounce back to beat Louisville.

Sent from my Y538 using Tapatalk

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
to be fair, i hated them before i went to tech. i found uga folks to be insufferable from the moment i moved to georgia. going to tech just assured me my hate wasn't irrational ;)
My parents live in Marietta for a time and feel the same way. Dad claims UGA fans are worse than any he's ever been around, and he's lived all over.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
My parents live in Marietta for a time and feel the same way. Dad claims UGA fans are worse than any he's ever been around, and he's lived all over.
last year, after blackout 2, electric boogaloo, was the first time i have ever seen the uga fan base go silent. just from what i can hear, their expectations seem pretty low this season. my guess is their year will pan out about like our 2007 year.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I'm not sure there is ever a good spot for a Thursday night road game as a top 10 team, but this may be the worst. Tough prep v. triple option, massive game right over the horizon, GT doesn't look bad this year either.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I'm not sure there is ever a good spot for a Thursday night road game as a top 10 team, but this may be the worst. Tough prep v. triple option, massive game right over the horizon, GT doesn't look bad this year either.
They've had almost two weeks to prepare - SCS was last week for a reason.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Yeah, I don't think the short prep is the issue here as it can be for Thursday games. I think the issue here is it is simply hard to be ready for it...you don't want to aggressively cut block your defenders in practice and it takes awhile (if it happens at all) for the defenders to get use to it while also making their reads and getting into position. Also, I think the home team on these Thursday night games usually has more "juice" and the crowd is often surprisingly loud especially if it is against a top team.

I think Clemson wins by two scores like Vegas is predicting but it wouldn't surprise me if GT upsets them if Clemson starts slow.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
to be fair, i hated them before i went to tech. i found uga folks to be insufferable from the moment i moved to georgia. going to tech just assured me my hate wasn't irrational ;)
Same here. I moved to Atlanta area some time around 85. I got a lot of grief for being from Alabama. Their fanbase expects to win an SEC championship every season and is seriously incredulous when it doesn't happen. And this for reasons I have never understood. If Florida and Alabama fans expect it, that kind of makes sense. But Georgia? Come on. They like to talk about tradition and being a grind it out team but they really haven't won much to explain why that expectation even exists. And if you ever go to a game in Athens, you'll see why many don't like to go back there. I don't believe your typical Georgia fan can enjoy a game without being blitzed out of his mind and talking trash on a level that really makes no sense given what they've (not) accomplished recently.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Wow, lotta love for Tech in this thread. I have always liked Paul Johnson but I still think Dabo has more talent. Clemson eeks out a W in a low scorer in this one I think.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
http://www.espn.com/college-football/recap?gameId=400756948

LY's game....

Georgia Tech ran 42 times for 71 yards last year
After GT curb stomped them in, I think, 08 and won 2 or 3 in a row, Clemson has had them figured out pretty good. GT has been in a slump since their ACC champ year in 2011, but did pretty good last year and looks good this year. Their defense was their Achilles heel really. That and fumbles. I think they can pull out a win tonight. All depends on if they can keep Watson and that O from jumping out to a big lead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.