Charlotte Riots -- Man dragged and beaten - Begging for Mercy

crimson fan man

Hall of Fame
Aug 12, 2002
Athens Al
They're lucky he wasn't carrying.
I just wonder if a white person does use a gun to protect him or herself with a riot going on what would happen? How about one or two blacks are killed even if it is justified? My feelings is our government will come after them one way or another. If you are in that situation don't stay but run and hope that you are not seen.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I just wonder if a white person does use a gun to protect him or herself with a riot going on what would happen? How about one or two blacks are killed even if it is justified? My feelings is our government will come after them one way or another. If you are in that situation don't stay but run and hope that you are not seen.
I'll quote this long standing bit of wisdom - "I'd rather be judged by 12 than carried by 6."

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
I think there is a reason that riots haven't happened in the Deep South yet and it's only happened in psuedo southern, Midwestern, and northern states. It's mostly because are fathers and grandfathers have fought this fight before and they saw nobody wins either way. There are a good many racists in the south, but they know if this kinda thing happens in places like Atlanta and Birmingham it's going to be an actual war zone because just about every good ole boy, church pastor, farmer, and gangster has a gun, and nobody is going to be rioting for the heck of it like this maroons are doing. Point is I think the Deep South may be the best place to be right now. Yeah we have our problems, but we have gotten wiser at dealing with racism than practically everyone in the country. Just IMO

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think there is a reason that riots haven't happened in the Deep South yet and it's only happened in psuedo southern, Midwestern, and northern states. It's mostly because are fathers and grandfathers have fought this fight before and they saw nobody wins either way. There are a good many racists in the south, but they know if this kinda thing happens in places like Atlanta and Birmingham it's going to be an actual war zone because just about every good ole boy, church pastor, farmer, and gangster has a gun, and nobody is going to be rioting for the heck of it like this maroons are doing. Point is I think the Deep South may be the best place to be right now. Yeah we have our problems, but we have gotten wiser at dealing with racism than practically everyone in the country. Just IMO
Yeah, not sure I believe that. I think that this could happen in ATL or Birmingham or Nashville and it would look just like this.

The Good ole boys would stay home, and take care of their own

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Yeah, not sure I believe that. I think that this could happen in ATL or Birmingham or Nashville and it would look just like this.

The Good ole boys would stay home, and take care of their own
Maybe maybe not, but the fact it hasn't happened, but it has happened pretty much everywhere else seems to indicate that we either have better things to do or we have seen what happens already.

I'm not saying it's beyond Atlanta or Birmingham to erupt, but I think everyone knows it's going to involve military intervention when it does happen. Deep South governors aren't going to play around with it like most of the others. Plus places like Birmingham and Atlanta, while politically corrupt as all get out, from what I read have smartly went by racial demographics in selecting police officers. In Atlanta, African Americans make up 66% of the police force in the metro while Whites only make up 28%. According to an old article on AL.com Jefferson county as a whole outside of the Hoover community has a huge African American majority on the police forces as well. Basically it seems that the South is a little smarter at preventing or atleast limiting the "white racist cop kills an innocent black high school graduate" line. Though as this incident proves that they isn't a full proof strategy, it certainly takes the "racist" cop label out of the equation.

Again I say it's less likely to happen here, but still possible

Last edited:

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Maybe maybe not, but the fact it hasn't happened, but it has happened pretty much everywhere else seems to indicate that we either have better things to do or we have seen what happens already.

I'm not saying it's beyond Atlanta or Birmingham to erupt, but I think everyone knows it's going to involve military intervention when it does happen. Deep South governors aren't going to play around with it like most of the others. Plus places like Birmingham and Atlanta, while politically corrupt as all get out, from what I read have smartly went by racial demographics in selecting police officers. In Atlanta, African Americans make up 66% of the police force in the metro while Whites only make up 28%. According to an old article on AL.com Jefferson county as a whole outside of the Hoover community has a huge African American majority on the police forces as well. Basically it seems that the South is a little smarter at preventing or atleast limiting the "white racist cop kills an innocent black high school graduate" line. Though as this incident proves that they isn't a full proof strategy, it certainly takes the "racist" cop label out of the equation.

We haven't seen the national protests but we have seen terrible attacks because of the false narrative. This was in Mobile.https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...IIGzAA&usg=AFQjCNH01F2eP6lJeBoaPkQ9WqwxR34AfA

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL

Which is why I don't go to Birmingham after dark. Yeah, I know that stuff isn't happening here right now, but the folks there watch tv too, and are just as likely as not to get motivated enough to get into the act too. It's happened before that riotous situations in one city spreads across the country practically overnight.

As a relevant aside, black people in this country accuse whites of being racist, and whites try to be as non-racist as possible. Then the blacks, instead of waiting for all the facts to come in and for the justice system to run it's course, pull something like this. Blacks pull innocent whites off the street, out of their vehicles, etc., beat them, drag them down the street and burn them alive? How do they expect us to react?

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008

Man, it's so weird to come here this morning and see your post. I literally just had a conversation with a work colleague about all of this mess and one of things we discussed was how this really hasn't happened in the deep south. I'm not sure why, but even in the Baton Rouge incident, really not much happened. I don't why it hasn't but I'm thankful.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Man, it's so weird to come here this morning and see your post. I literally just had a conversation with a work colleague about all of this mess and one of things we discussed was how this really hasn't happened in the deep south. I'm not sure why, but even in the Baton Rouge incident, really not much happened. I don't why it hasn't but I'm thankful.
Why not Tulsa? That one was a white cop....and she's been arrested. Nothing happening there.

This is all manufactured "rage" -- saw that 70% of the people arrested in Charlotte -- had out of state IDs

TheAccountant

All-SEC
Mar 22, 2011
Birmingham
There were 3 police officers murdered and 3 others shot in that aftermath.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
The best question to ask is what is the end game of all the manufactured rage? Who benefits from a toothless police force?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.