Keith Lamont Scott, Fatally Shot by N.C. Cops, Warned Repeatedly to Drop Gun: Chief

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I didn't see anything is his hands. I don't know about this one. I also realize the cops can't wait until he pulls a gun. I just don't know. I do hate that this keeps happening. It's tragic.
But it keeps happening because people decide to disobey law enforcement. I mean, 98% of them are that simple. In fact, you don't think cops aren't even MORE on their guard and really don't want to have to shoot anyone?

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
But it keeps happening because people decide to disobey law enforcement. I mean, 98% of them are that simple. In fact, you don't think cops aren't even MORE on their guard and really don't want to have to shoot anyone?
I do think that. I also think the wife didn't help matters by screaming the whole time. I will always say if you don't like what the cops are doing go along with it anyway and take it up later with whomever. In a situation like this the smart move is to make it out alive.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
And this is something I think a lot of you don't know firsthand or perhaps don't understand. Y'all are surely aware that when an LEO pulls you over, they run your plate. In MOST of these cases - the cop already has your rap sheet in front of him. And in almost all of these cases, the eventual victim has a history of resisting arrest. It will not surprise me if they didn't already know that this guy had done time for shooting at a cop. And that's when the LEO is told "he's resisted arrest before, use caution/we're sending backup/whatever."

One more thing: if the media was as quick to publish the names of the EYEWITNESSES who tell lies like 'hands up' as they are to publish the name of the cop who did the shooting - I think most folks would be a lot more careful, especially in the Facebook era. If you saw on CNN 'Eyewitness Leroy of Down in the Boondocks, NC said that he saw the victim's hands up," you think these folks wouldn't get as much harassment as the cops eventually exonerated do?

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Just a note here: looking closer at that, however, let's again wait before we decide Scott actually fired at a cop. Perhaps he did, but I'm as hesitant of using "an anonymous source to Christian Times" as being accurate as I am alleged eyewitnesses who see hands up when they weren't. Given the suspected source agenda in both cases, let's continue to see what comes out. Maybe it's true - and if it is we AGAIN have the media aiding the case of riots.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
It would be really nice if someone in a position of authority and some degree of credibility would advise people to follow the instructions of police and, if the police are behaving badly, we can take it up with his boss or the civil authorities later.
That might not be bad advice.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
It would be really nice if someone in a position of authority and some degree of credibility would advise people to follow the instructions of police and, if the police are behaving badly, we can take it up with his boss or the civil authorities later.
Chris Rock had a pretty good instructional video about it that seems even more apt now.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Glad you brought up the Chris Rock video.

He is the sales manager that drives the point home.

It's all about marketing.

That video should be aired every new broadcast.....instead we get drivel......

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As a cop friend of mine has said more than once "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride..."

IOW, do as the cop says and take it up with the judge. Resisting / fighting the cops will always escalate the situation and will likely never work out in your favor...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
^^ Yup...the side of the road is not where you want to argue.....document everything, be polite, and pursue in a legal fashion.....and you live to fight another day.....

Deleted my other comments....I had the wrong shooting in mind....

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Of course....the media is of no help...in fact they love to fan the flames of distrust and unrest to boost ratings.
Yep.

As far as releasing the video asap, they wanted to talk to eye witnesses or the ones that claimed they saw it. Now it looks like most or all were lying to try and make things worse.

It is what it is. None that told lies to stir up the BLM protests will be charged or punished. That would really be racist in their world.

Last edited:

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
Did you guys read the story from DBF's link.

The wife lied about knowing he had a gun and the 3 "eye witnesses" lied about seeing what happened. They should all be cited and fined - at the minimum.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
As a cop friend of mine has said more than once "you might beat the rap, but you won't beat the ride..."

IOW, do as the cop says and take it up with the judge. Resisting / fighting the cops will always escalate the situation and will likely never work out in your favor...
One of my buddies is a cop as well and on an occasion or two, a perp has tripped and fallen quite a bit before making it to be booked.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Lewis Grizzard used to quote another (anonymous) comedian in Vegas, who - addressing the Rodney King issue back in 1992 - said, "It's stupid to pick a fight with cops. Not only do they have tear gas, guns, and night sticks, but they have a radio where they can immediately get MORE guys to show up with tear agas, guns, and night sticks."

Relayer

Hall of Fame
Mar 25, 2001
...follow the instructions of police and, if the police are behaving badly, we can take it up with his boss or the civil authorities later.
This is "the talk" that black parents (and white, etc) should be having with their kids.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.