Keith Lamont Scott, Fatally Shot by N.C. Cops, Warned Repeatedly to Drop Gun: Chief

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The other 'cop shooting of a black person' in the news...riots in Charlotte....etc. etc.

Family members say the deceased was reading a book and didn't have a weapon.

Cops say a weapon was recovered but no book.

The shooter was an undercover cop with no body camera but other cops present did have body cams but no video has been released.

Keith Lamont Scott, Fatally Shot by N.C. Cops, Warned Repeatedly to Drop Gun: Chief

I personally feel that rioting makes things worse. Especially in this case when someone is killed and private property is damaged.

In every one of these situations things could be defused by public officials getting out in front with facts IMMEDIATELY before anything has a chance to "erupt".

Of course....the media is of no help...in fact they love to fan the flames of distrust and unrest to boost ratings. :rolleyes:

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
So if a black cop shoots a black man allegedly holding a gun and refusing to comply with the officer's orders to drop the weapon, is that discriminatory shooting, or blue on black violence or black on black violence? I'm not trying to make light of this at all. A child lost his father, a wife lost her husband. I'm just curious what prompted the confrontation with him to begin with.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
So if a black cop shoots a black man allegedly holding a gun and refusing to comply with the officer's orders to drop the weapon, is that discriminatory shooting, or blue on black violence or black on black violence? I'm not trying to make light of this at all. A child lost his father, a wife lost her husband. I'm just curious what prompted the confrontation with him to begin with.
These pictures show the gun on the ground next to him.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011

Charlotte police shooting: Family says video is unclear

The family of Keith Lamont Scott has “more questions than answers” after viewing the footage, according to the family’s attorney.

The family said they couldn’t say what was in his hands when he was killed.
“It is impossible to discern from the videos what, if anything, Mr. Scott is holding in his hands,” attorney Justin Bamberg said.

The family wants police to immediately release the videos to the public, Bamberg said.
Statement from the family (I bolded the part that I thought put a spin into their statement):

Keith Lamont Scott’s wife and other members of her family viewed two videos captured by police dashboard and body cameras that showed Mr. Scott’s shooting death.

After watching the videos, the family again has more questions than answers.
When told by police to exit his vehicle, Mr. Scott did so in a very calm, non-aggressive manner.

While police did give him several commands, he did not aggressively approach them or raise his hands at members of law enforcement at any time.

It is impossible to discern from the videos what, if anything, Mr. Scott is holding in his hands.
When he was shot and killed, Mr. Scott’s hands were by his side and he was slowly walking backwards.
It was incredibly difficult for members of the Scott family to view these videos, but as a matter of the greater good and transparency, the Scott family asks that the Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department publicly immediately release both of the videos they watched today.
We will continue our own investigation into Mr. Scott’s death. For those who wish to protest, we urge you to do so peacefully.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
The cell phone video from the man's wife has been released. Lots of F-bombs or I would post.

I can't understand how someone's spouse could stand there just filming the whole thing instead of rushing in to assist their husband/wife?

After the guy was shot and laying on the ground...she just stood there filming and cussing at the cops.

That doesn't compute to me.....

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
The cell phone video from the man's wife has been released. Lots of F-bombs or I would post.

I can't understand how someone's spouse could stand there just filming the whole thing instead of rushing in to assist their husband/wife?

After the guy was shot and laying on the ground...she just stood there filming and cussing at the cops.

She was probably afraid they would shoot her too. She probably was trying to get as much of it on camera as possible, so it would be less of a he said she said situation.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
She was probably afraid they would shoot her too. She probably was trying to get as much of it on camera as possible, so it would be less of a he said she said situation.
If your wife was the one shot...you wouldn't be filming. You would rush over to her.

Undoubtedly she was thinking more of documenting the event.

Ironically...her video doesn't show what really happened, IMHO....

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA

maybe she didn't want to get shot as well.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012

She was headed over there but it wasn't to assist him, it was just to get in the middle of it with her cell phone. But they told her not to come any closer and that's when she kept yelling "I ain't coming over there near ya'll".

She wasn't worried about getting shot. She knew he got shot because he wouldn't drop the gun. Yeah she sounded real concerned.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Because some "eye witness" told the media that there was no gun, and the guy was reading a book while picking up his kid. This is by far the dumbest one in the past 4 years.
Surely the same eyewitness that saw Michael Brown's hands up.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Dash cam & body cam were released. Definitely no hands up or anything. He kinda had the "what's up wanna fight?" posture when he got out but hard to say for sure cause it was so quick. Couldn't tell about a gun but his hands were down by his waist.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.