Terry Jones diagnosed with dementia

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
As someone with experience with dementia in loved ones, and as a lover of all things Monty Python, I hate to hear this. Prayers for Terry.

A representative for Jones, 74, confirmed the news to The British Academy of Film and Television Arts.

"Terry has been diagnosed with Primary Progressive Aphasia, a variant of Frontotemporal Dementia. This illness affects his ability to communicate and he is no longer able to give interviews,” the spokesperson told BAFTA.
http://www.today.com/health/monty-python-star-terry-jones-diagnosed-dementia-t103201

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Always a favorite of mine as well and I am very sad for him

but, you know being a fan of his work that "prayers" aren't things that he would feel that would have any value
Also sorry to hear this about him.

On the second point. Youtube + Hannibal Buress Pray for Me. Good stuff. Can't link because of language.

jabcmb

All-American
Feb 1, 2006
Birmingham, AL
Sorry to hear, a talented man. Hope he rests easy.

Along with Cajun, my first thought on seeing the thread title was Bama's Terry Jones.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
LOL, you just can't not do it, can you?
has nothing to do with me, Jones is an avowed, open and upfront Atheist. Telling him that you are praying for him is like telling him you are going to sacrifice a goat to the great juju in the sky........meaningless

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
has nothing to do with me, Jones is an avowed, open and upfront Atheist. Telling him that you are praying for him is like telling him you are going to sacrifice a goat to the great juju in the sky........meaningless
I know several atheists who appreciate it when I tell them I'm praying for them. The outright refusal of positive thoughts because one believes differently is odd to me, but whatever.

And no, it's just funny that you have to make this statement here when someone says it. Jones isn't reading this and you likely don't know him well enough to speak for him, but you cannot control yourself when you have the opportunity - you have to make it about this.

I'll not derail this thread further, but whether prayers, positive thoughts, good vibes, whatever - I suspect he'd appreciate it...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.