Lowe's new tax evasion attempt

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Have you guys been keeping up with Lowe's attempts to devalue their stores? Almost makes me want to stop shopping there. Lowe's is making billions per year and can't pay property taxes... what makes it worse is that this is in Alabama which has one of the lowest property tax rates in the nation.

http://tinyurl.com/zod4wxg

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
I suggest suspending one's outrage over this, especially the journalist who wrote the piece. Spending $10M to build a store doesn't mean the building is worth $10M. The $10M investment is for an income stream which is generated by more than the building. It doesn't make sense for Lowe's, any other business, or any individual for that matter to pay tax on more than the fair market value of a piece of real estate. It's not an issue of capitalism. It's an issue of fairness and common sense.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Have you guys been keeping up with Lowe's attempts to devalue their stores? Almost makes me want to stop shopping there. Lowe's is making billions per year and can't pay property taxes... what makes it worse is that this is in Alabama which has one of the lowest property tax rates in the nation.

http://tinyurl.com/zod4wxg

Everybody entitled to their own opinion. Tax Evasion is defined as, "Tax evasion often entails taxpayers deliberately misrepresenting the true state of their affairs to the tax authorities to reduce their tax liability and includes dishonest tax reporting, such as declaring less income, profits or gains than the amounts actually earned, or overstating deductions." It appears that Lowe's is using every legal means to lower the tax they pay, the same that all of us do every spring when we fill out our income tax. If I'm the State of Alabama or County I would fight their efforts by all legal means. I have no problem with Lowes exercising their rights. I

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.