Any word on Damien Harris' injury?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Saban just said ankle sprain, which is a totally different injury than what is called a "high ankle sprain", which isn't an ankle sprain at all. I hope that Saban is right and not whoever said "high ankle sprain".
Coach Saban is not going to go into detail about medical issues, as most smart coaches do not. His time in the locker room is what makes me skeptical that it is not a simple low ankle sprain. Many shake off, get taped and come back in. But this was Kent State.......but time in locker room.

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Saban just said ankle sprain, which is a totally different injury than what is called a "high ankle sprain", which isn't an ankle sprain at all. I hope that Saban is right and not whoever said "high ankle sprain".
Yeah, big difference, but even with a high ankle sprain how severe it is would be a big factor in recovery time. So, until we hear something very specific we won't really have a good idea of what he's dealing with.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Looked to me like Josh and BJ can tote the rock just fine. Wouldn`t surprise me if they spend a lot of time this week studying blocking assignments and blitz pick ups. They probably already know that they will likely be front and center for the next 2-3 weeks, if not longer. Personally, I think we`ll be fine ( provided we are done on the injury front at RB ). This kind of stuff happens to every team.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Looked to me like Josh and BJ can tote the rock just fine. Wouldn`t surprise me if they spend a lot of time this week studying blocking assignments and blitz pick ups. They probably already know that they will likely be front and center for the next 2-3 weeks, if not longer. Personally, I think we`ll be fine ( provided we are done on the injury front at RB ). This kind of stuff happens to every team.
Anyone remember Bryant Denny's last year on turf? I believe it was Coach Stallings first season, but we dropped like flies. We have been blessed under CNS without many injuries during season.

We are playing more vertical this year, totally new approach. Adjustment.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Glad to hear the news on both - assuming Harris is no more than what Coach stated. It looked worse from the stands, especially when they carted him off to the locker room.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Harris is day to day.
Bo will be fine, and I think Harris probably will take a day off before returning to practice. Guys, if Harris is good to go, he will play in the game. It's not about who we play... It's about the team, needing every reps together as the whole unit as possible. We're now just starting to click, and I feel like Harris, Jacob and Emmons will need to develop more reps, getting familar with picking up the blitzes... because Kentucky is no joke and all.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
BREAKING NEWS OFF ESPN- according to Alabama Harris should miss no games

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

bamaee04

All-SEC
Nov 15, 2004
Birmingham, AL
If Harris has any lingering issues whatsoever, just rest him next week against Kentucky. We shouldn't need him to win, but we will need to be at full strength and ready to roll against the piggies on the road.

bamabryan

Hall of Fame
Jan 1, 2006
Alabaster, AL.
If Harris has any lingering issues whatsoever, just rest him next week against Kentucky. We shouldn't need him to win, but we will need to be at full strength and ready to roll against the piggies on the road.
My thoughts also. This would give Jacobs and Emmons some meaningful reps and help their development.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Saban only said "ankle sprain" in the press conference. He's not a doctor so his verbiage isn't expected to be doctor-like precise but I seriously doubt a high ankle sprain from the medical staff would have induced a "day to day" from Saban.

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
Saban only said "ankle sprain" in the press conference. He's not a doctor so his verbiage isn't expected to be doctor-like precise but I seriously doubt a high ankle sprain from the medical staff would have induced a "day to day" from Saban.
Can't help but wonder whether Coach might not be pullin' a little Belichick there...

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
If Harris misses the Kentucky game, that's no big deal at all to me, might even work to Alabama's advantage. The issue is if he's less than 100% against Arkansas. I hope it is minor, but I would hope that Alabama can get by a few games without him. Worst case scenario to me is if he isn't available by the LSU game, then it becomes a bigger problem.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
No Saban isn't a doctor, but he's been in football long enough to know the difference between an ankle sprain and a high ankle sprain.

If Harris misses the Kentucky game, that's no big deal at all to me, might even work to Alabama's advantage. The issue is if he's less than 100% against Arkansas. I hope it is minor, but I would hope that Alabama can get by a few games without him. Worst case scenario to me is if he isn't available by the LSU game, then it becomes a bigger problem.
Agreed. Wouldn't be the worse thing for him to sit this week out in order to give the other guys more experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point...

And, FWIW, I don't interpret it as good news...

After watching him being helped off the field, hard to believe that he'll be back running n cutting in a few days...

Hope I'm wrong...
I wouldn't read too far into it. I would just wait to see what practice is like this week. If Coach says day to day then, I believe him.

Sent from my wife's old iPhone 6 until I get my 7+ using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.