Game Thread: OFFICIAL BAMA vs. Kent State Post Game Thread...

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
attendance, and I sat on the sofa. Fans would rather see Bama vs Bama than Kent State! I was at A-Day, and too lazy to go to this game.

As expected, it was entertaining to see the young guys. Imo? Holcomb would be the best linebacker on their team. Good gauge of RB depth. With injury bug, Barnett had some real time to get comfortable. Our depth at receiver looks very good.

We have had more dings and more this early than I have seen in a long time. Great game to check depth in front of a crowd

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Post game they are saying Harris has high ankle sprain.
To me day to day was ambiguous. No broken or rips, but it still could be a lingering injury. We have had several backs through the years that had those. I played with a lower back sprain one year, all year, and I was 75%. I hope Harris gets better soon. Vertical.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
SIAP-

With today's win Saban's career record improved to 200-60-1. That's crazy good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
hearing the student section emptied out at the half. I might give them a pass on it this time hottest game ever at Bryant-Denny and a blowout.
My parents had to leave after the 1st (they are in their 60's). They said the weather was brutal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
WKU is up on Vandy fairly late, good news. And Missouri put up 79, when is the last time the SEC put up 80 on anyone? Cumberland State lol?

Crimson57s

1st Team
Aug 18, 2012
The weather was indeed brutal for the fans, but I'm not complaining - it had to be worse for the players. We were among those who stayed to the end. We moved higher into some empty seats in the shade in 2nd half, which helped.

I was happy about the big water dispensers they had set up. We brought in an empty water bottle and filled it a couple of times. They use a hose to keep replenishing the water, but don't replace the ice, so by 3rd qtr, you are basically getting tap water. At that point we bought a big drink to get something with ice in it.

The crowd started out ok, but many people, especially with kids or older fans, could not take the heat and direct sun.

Happy for the shutout and coach's 200th win, but sorry about the injuries. Hope everybody gets well quick.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
I had to work so I didn't get home until 1. It was halftime, and the game was already over, of course. I watched most of the second half, but I didn't see who got banged up. Hopefully, they all will be okay.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Our offensive timing looked much better and more crisp. Everyone seemed to be on the same page, which was solid. The defense did their thing, even though I thought Kent did score the TD. Special teams were solid again. The 49 yard field goal looked like it would have been good from 60. Unlike some who think we should play the Cowboys every week, I think we need two or three of these games per year to work out some kinks, rest some guys, and let some guys who work really hard get some playing time to showcase their skills. Roll Tide!

FThomas

1st Team
Oct 18, 2011
Happy with Jalen. Incredible for a freshman, especially the poise. He has to work on some of those throws, as too often he put our receivers in position to get absolutely creamed when a better throw would avoid that. Will come in time, but an observation as I was biting my teeth worried about injuries rather than the outcome.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.