Game Thread: OFFICIAL BAMA vs. Kent State Post Game Thread...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
They kept diving at our knees with their helmets.
IMO: Just as much targeting as going for the head.
You realize that a player leading with his helmet is at far greater risk for injury that the player that he is targeting - even if going for legs - right? I watched the entire game and didn't see anything that looked dirty to me. Just smaller players going low to tackle bigger players - totally normal.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It's a question of time before hits on the knee and below will be outlawed. I have mixed feelings about it, but it's coming. There's been a spike in knee/ankle injuries since the new targeting rules and contact above the shoulders came in and the answer will be another rule to protect the lower joints...

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It's a question of time before hits on the knee and below will be outlawed. I have mixed feelings about it, but it's coming. There's been a spike in knee/ankle injuries since the new targeting rules and contact above the shoulders came in and the answer will be another rule to protect the lower joints...
I can see them adding it as another protection to the QB like they have in the NFL, but I don't think they can do it for other players. Simply not reasonable to ask players to tackle only at the waist.

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
I'm not sure which low tackle everyone is bent out of shape about. Harris's was around the line in traffic. That stuff happens. Bo tried to hurdle a guy and got hit in the thigh. That one wasn't at the knees or below the knees.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Hopefully Hurts will develop a little better timing on delivering passes as he gets more reps. The sky is the limit for him, but late throws will get picked by the better defenses we face.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.