Game Thread: LSU Tigers vs AU Tigers...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Earle basically summarized my thoughts almost to a tee.

What's funny is that that was a so-so game that they turned into one nobody will ever forget. The one thing I was chortling about - because I had no real dawg in the fight - was watching Auburn lose in the last second AT HOME. That was what struck me as bizarre.

Side note: I couldn't continue to follow the proceedings because of some insanity around my place last night. Just after the beginning of the Arky-ATM game, lightning apparently struck somewhere nearby. It was a loud boom and violent flash. I was on the phone. It set off every fire alarm/smoke detector in my large complex here. At first, I thought it was just mine. Turned out they had to get the fire department down here to turn the whole system off. No fire, but how were we to know?

First thing this morning I wake up....and some idiot has set the tree on fire. OMG!!!!

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
Earle basically summarized my thoughts almost to a tee.

What's funny is that that was a so-so game that they turned into one nobody will ever forget. The one thing I was chortling about - because I had no real dawg in the fight - was watching Auburn lose in the last second AT HOME. That was what struck me as bizarre.

Side note: I couldn't continue to follow the proceedings because of some insanity around my place last night. Just after the beginning of the Arky-ATM game, lightning apparently struck somewhere nearby. It was a loud boom and violent flash. I was on the phone. It set off every fire alarm/smoke detector in my large complex here. At first, I thought it was just mine. Turned out they had to get the fire department down here to turn the whole system off. No fire, but how were we to know?

First thing this morning I wake up....and some idiot has set the tree on fire. OMG!!!!
Yep. I think all Bama fans were happy because AU and LSU both lost the game at one point lol

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
all i care about is...lsWHO lost. i dont care if the correct call was made (which it was) or wasn't. i just care that they lost. it couldnt happen to a better fan base or a more classless fan base.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw - how many of you thought when LSU had on second left that they were going to spike the ball?

I surely did - I'll admit it. I just kept waiting for it to happen.

Also - LSU should have managed the clock better. As I always point out - RARELY can you blame the refs. Here, even if you could, you're stuck with clock management skills worse than most teenagers.

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
You're moving the goal posts. That's not the question. The officials on the field didn't blow the play dead. So in order for review to overturn the call on the field there has to be indisputable video evidence. I don't think the play clock being at 0:00 is indisputable because you have to assume the play clock operator started the game clock correctly. If there was a shot where the official was winding his hand to start the game clock along with the game clock at 0:00 and the ball not snapped that would be indisputable. We don't have that here or at least I haven't seen it.

This isn't about who won or lost the game. I just don't like to see the outcome of a game, as called on the field, overturned by the review booth based on assumptions and lack of indisputable video evidence..
C'mon dude, it's obvious they didn't snap it. You're making yourself look foolish.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
So actually with only 2 seconds on the clock the game is already over? Is that correct? Couldn't they just save time by calling the game over at 2 seconds and be done with all the drama?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I've certainly seen games where the ref held the clock until the offense was ready, which is also a questionable practice. Here, I thought the clock started mighty fast.
It wasn't fast according to the picture posted. Hubbert had his arm raised ready to start the clock but LSU wasn't lined up... Probably because the official was still over the ball, but that's beside the point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.