Next up RB? Jacobs

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Remember, Jacobs did very well last weekend.

Sent from my wife's old iPhone 6 until I get my 7+ using Tapatalk
I heard a lot of Emmitt talk, which was great, but Jacobs caught my eye. Reminded me of Ingram, who was very underrated as a 3 to 4 star so I investigated further. You see "tings"
This Jacobs is a rising star imo. He has a dangerous shift, speed and power. He does not look as perfect from measurements, but dang.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The reason I said that was because of how you worded the thread title, that seems to suggest that Jacob is the next one up. If it was worded differently such as "Jacob and Depth Chart" then I would've understood what you meant by that. No harm foul though.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Since the spring game I've been excited about rb in this order...

Harris
Emmons/Jacobs (interchangeable)
Bo

In the spring and the games since, those guys have clearly impressed in that order

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
It's all good. FYI, I've wanted to wait one more game before I could truly feel comfortable discussing Jacob, but it seems to me right now Harris/Jacob could be 1-2 punch combo with Bo used for certain situation here and there. I'm really concerned about what will happens once we face TAMU, Auburn and LSU. Their defense is no slouch.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I saw a big ? coming onto the season.

Harris is the real deal and we have depth.

It is scary to have Harris unknown. But we saw some great depth.

If we are marching towards a NC, it is relevant.

Funny that Bham 42 just used what I have been saying for months. That RB could be our "Achilles Heal" Scott just said it.

Last edited:

Bamafan P.T.

All-SEC
Oct 15, 2005
Tuscaloosa
Jacobs looks to have very good vision, is decisive hitting the hole and cuts well.
Hope harris is back ASAP but good depth is critical. Look how close we could have been to losing two today.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
It's all good. FYI, I've wanted to wait one more game before I could truly feel comfortable discussing Jacob, but it seems to me right now Harris/Jacob could be 1-2 punch combo with Bo used for certain situation here and there. I'm really concerned about what will happens once we face TAMU, Auburn and LSU. Their defense is no slouch.
True, but Harris is easily our best running back, and we need him to get well as fast as possible.

IMALOYAL1

All-American
Oct 28, 2000
Birmingham AL
Saban has always been able to get runningbacks. It's the ones that learn the offense, pick up the blitz and run with controlled effort that usually play early. The fact everyone told this kid he'd just sit the bench at Alabama that helps motivate him to do the aforementioned things.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
True, but Harris is easily our best running back, and we need him to get well as fast as possible.
Yes, he was a top 20 player period and consensus #1 RB.

But considering our lack of knowledge in his state, I feel a lot better.
No idea about Bo's state. But we have another #1 in country Emmitt and a overlooked til late 3 star Jacobs.

All will be well.

It's not personal......strategic and winning.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yes, he was a top 20 player period and consensus #1 RB.

But considering our lack of knowledge in his state, I feel a lot better.
No idea about Bo's state. But we have another #1 in country Emmitt and a overlooked til late 3 star Jacobs.

All will be well.

It's not personal......strategic and winning.
His name is BJ Emmons, not Emmitt.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.