No Sweet Home Alabama or Sweet Caroline during the game today?

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
It sounded miserable. Saw a picture of the student section at halftime. A ghost town

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Per James Spann:

Hottest Bama home football game was vs Arkansas 9.20.1997, when the temp hit 96 degrees.

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
It sounded miserable. Saw a picture of the student section at halftime. A ghost town
Unless you were there, heck even if you were, don't get started on the crowd or when they may have departed. It was brutal.

We were there until the very end. I told my kids there were so few people still there that Nick could invite everyone over for swimming and ice cream and his house wouldn't have been crowded.

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Unless you were there, heck even if you were, don't get started on the crowd or when they may have departed. It was brutal.

We were there until the very end. I told my kids there were so few people still there that Nick could invite everyone over for swimming and ice cream and his house wouldn't have been crowded.
No, please don't misunderstand. My point is that I heard it was so miserable that it was for once understandable that people were taking off

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

TiderMan

All-SEC
Feb 5, 2005
Moody, AL.
They played Sweet Home Alabama at least once prior to the game about 30-45 minutes till kick off.

As for Sweet Caroline, I haven't heard them play that in a couple of years. They used to play it in late 3rd or early 4th quarter but have gone away from that song. I always enjoyed hearing it.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Btw- Spann even touched on that a bit and said sitting directly under 88 degree sunlight (and it was 96) was brutal. Hopefully, though when the second half temperature vs Kentucky is in the 60s (projected at this point) and we're up 31-6 or whatever, fans won't be leaving because "the game kicked off so late at 6pm."

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.