What teams are separating themselves in the SEC?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
We'll see - I suspect OM will end up second in the SECW this season. They're VERY good.
Why are people still doubting ole miss? They just blew out UGA, the Tidefans poster's SEC East darling in a way Richt probably never experienced. They could be undefeated right now or at worst a 1 loss team. People need to start realizing we played a very very good team last week.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
In watching the SEC games in he past couple of weeks I am trying to see which teams are on the rise. To be brutally honest, I haven't been extremely impressed by really anybody. Each team has their own difficulties to overcome. Now, I realize this is a small sample for this year. I'm just trying to see who you all the hint will be there at the end of the season. Who is the biggest threat?

Here is what I think as of Week 4:

Top Tier-
Alabama
Ole Miss
Arkansas

Mid Tier-
tennessee- still not sold even with their win over FL
Florida
Texas A&M
Georgia

Lower Tier-
LSU- they were flirting with mid tier, but today's fiasco at au proved they arare a dumpster fire
auburn
Missouri
South Carolina
Kentucky
Mississippi St
Vandy

What do you think?

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
I`m personally just glad that OM is in our rear view mirror.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Why are people still doubting ole miss? They just blew out UGA, the Tidefans poster's SEC East darling in a way Richt probably never experienced. They could be undefeated right now or at worst a 1 loss team. People need to start realizing we played a very very good team last week.
Very very good teams dont put team down 21 points and allow that said team come back and then loose on your home field . They are explosive and lucky but no way are they very very good. If so they would be ranked in the top 5.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Very very good teams dont put team down 21 points and allow that said team come back and then loose on your home field . They are explosive and lucky but no way are they very very good. If so they would be ranked in the top 5.
Name a team that wants to play OM right now.

CrimSonami

All-American
Jul 17, 2011
Ardmore, AL; too close to 10erC
SEC grades:

A: Bama

B: Ole Miss, Ta&m, UT

C: Ark, UF, UGA, Awbarn

D: LSU, UK

F: Vandy , USC, Mizzo, MSU

Good news: We get to beat UT twice this year.
This, but I'd move Ole Miss to "C" for blowing HUGE leads in 2 games against "A" & "B" (FSU) teams.

And Butch Jones will find a way to shoot himself in the foot before the Vandy game. I'd like to beat 'em twice but I'd also like for CNS to stripe Kirby's legs, just for good measure.

JDCrimson

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2006
Interestingly, UT has us and A&M on their schedule this year within a couple of weeks of each other. October will be some really interesting football for the conference.

After watching last night, I am pretty worried about the Arkansas game there. That is a physical gutty team. The kind of team that can make it hard for you in the following games even if you win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Name one other SEC team that WILL beat them besides us. You are down playing our victory against them when ole miss will probably be the best team we will play all season.

They are a top 10 team and it's very hard to dispute that.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Name a team that wants to play OM right now.
I guess we play nobody since ole miss is in better shape offensively and on the defensive front 7 than 11 teams on our schedule. Blue font

Seriously I don't think Bama wants to play ole miss again even if it's at BDS.

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
1: Bama

2: OM, UT, A&M

3: UF, Ark

4: AU, LSU, UGA, Mo, MSU

5: UK, So Car, Vandy
I like BinBhams list. I did move MSU up a notch due to easily whipping USC and giving LSU a game in Baton Rouge.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Interestingly, UT has us and A&M on their schedule this year within a couple of weeks of each other. October will be some really interesting football for the conference.

After watching last night, I am pretty worried about the Arkansas game there. That is a physical gutty team. The kind of team that can make it hard for you in the following games even if you win.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
You are correct. I doubt any SEC team goes undefeated this year. This league is just so tough from weak to weak.
Edit- Only Bama, UT, and A&M are possibilities at this point, and we all play each other, so things can get really interesting in October and November.

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Top tier:

Alabama
Texas A&M
Ole Miss
Tennessee
(In that order)

Mid tier:
Arkansas
Florida

Mediocre tier:
Auburn
LSU
Georgia
Missouri

Bad tier:
South Carolina
Kentucky
Vanderbilt

Subject to change...

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Seems like it happened a few years ago.
almost happened in 2014, but UGA and Mizzou went 4-1 against the west (the 1 loss was Mizzou to Bama in the SECG).

I can see Mizzou possibly beating LSU this week in Columbia, and can see Vandy's defense giving them a chance against Auburn's anemic offense, but other than Tennessee vs aTm, Florida vs LSU, and UGA vs Auburn I don't see much chance for the east.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.