What teams are separating themselves in the SEC?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Idk...Fsu beat them and I don't think Fsu is a very good team. You just have to beat on Kelly till he starts to suck.
Then we are so overrated since we gave up more points to them than FSU did. Blue font

Ole miss has finishing problems but back to CA's question that you quoted," who wants to play them right now?"I know 3 who don't (FSU, UGA, and UA)

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
All of this will be sorted out in October. Right now, TAMU and Ole Miss are the only teams that I think can beat us, and we've already played one of them. Tennessee could present us with a tough challenge since that game will be in Knoxville, but I think we will win. Same with Arkansas. The game that concerns me the most right now is our game with the Aggies.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I had to move Arkansas down to the mid tier because they couldn't finish. I like Allen as their qb, but the OL, which is one of th biggest in the SEC, was getting pretty much eaten up by A&M's quicker/smaller DL.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Alabama is on a level by itself.

Next level - very solid teams with a shot at the title - would include:
Tennessee (can't pummel FL's defense like that and not get my respect)
aTm (destroyed Arkansas)
Ole Miss (If Kelly gets hurt, demoted straight to the dumpster fire list)

Dumpster fire list would include:
Vandy
Kentucky
South Carolina
Miss State
Mizzou

Everyone else is teetering between a possible dumpster fire and a potentially solid season.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had to move Arkansas down to the mid tier because they couldn't finish. I like Allen as their qb, but the OL, which is one of the biggest in the SEC, was getting pretty much eaten up by A&M's quicker/smaller DL.
Interesting. I commented to my wife that I was glad that our OL no longer had a big gut hanging over their pants. One of the best freshman OL I've ever seen, Williams, doesn't even hit 300, playing OT...

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
Interesting. I commented to my wife that I was glad that our OL no longer had a big gut hanging over their pants. One of the best freshman OL I've ever seen, Williams, doesn't even hit 300, playing OT...
Yep, having good quickness and great technique can have its advantages. 295 seems the right weight to go against the DE's that are in the SEC today.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Alabama is the only Elite top playing team consistently right now for the most part.

A&M is going to give us a shootout battle like the Ole Miss game. We will have trouble with Trevor Knight if he's on.

Tenn is a dangerous game because for one it's in Neyland and two even though they are severely streaky IF Dobbs gets hot he could give us trouble too. Could be another shootout.

LSU has comprable talent to us and the game is in Baton Rouge but they are dumpster fire on Offense. We SHOULD beat them BAD and god bless LSU Dad....he may go missing again.

Barn....I don't care how bad they look or what their record is they play us loose and we play uptight. Thankfully it's a home game. But shockingly their Defense looks improved and the D Line could give us trouble. JF3 could give us problems too on sandlot plays if he makes miracle throws.

I like the way Arky plays but we overmatch them thoroughly. We should steam roll them.

Ole Miss is very good when they don't lose focus but thankfully we don't play them again.

Fla and UGA are mediocre at best. Not worried about either of them in an SECCG scenario.

Final Thoughts are Tenn and A&M are the 2 teams I'm most worried about right now. If we can split those 1-1 I think we can go 11-1 and win the west because even though A&M could beat us I think they will drop 2 games they shouldn't. If Tenn beats us no harm done cause we will DESTROY them in a SECCG rematch.

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
I think Cubelic(sp) mentioned it yesterday how impressed he was with Williams. I agree with you that he is one of the best. I'm still giddy he is a freshman and will be around a while. I guess it just goes to show you that technique is better than girth. Gone are those days. "Hard work beats talent when talent doesn't work hard."

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Last edited:

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
Then we are so overrated since we gave up more points to them than FSU did. Blue font

Ole miss has finishing problems but back to CA's question that you quoted," who wants to play them right now?"I know 3 who don't (FSU, UGA, and UA)
Maybe I'm missing your point but Bama played them and beat em. And when you say UA I'm sure you mean the fan base because the players come to Bama to play big games. I personally don't think Bama is scared to play anybody.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
Maybe I'm missing your point but Bama played them and beat em. .
My point is you said this:
Idk...Fsu beat them and I don't think Fsu is a very good team. You just have to beat on Kelly till he starts to suck.
Multiple people have tried to say Ole Miss is not a better than most teams in the country and Bama is the #1 team in the SEC and nation with very little to back up both statements at the same time. Your's specifically is a contradiction because statistically FSU did better on the scoreboard and practically every stat without rushing in the title. So by saying that FSU is not a good team makes it seem that we aren't either because FSU played better than us.

That's assuming that you think Alabama is a very good team. Otherwise there is no contradiction in your statement.
I personally don't think Bama is scared to play anybody.
scared and not wanting to play them again are two different things. Sometimes you play a team that actually falls in that category that "any given day they can beat you" and not just the teams that you use the cliché for to pump up the importance of a game (USC). LSU and Bama are a good example of that, and Ole Miss is probably in that discussion as well. CNS's remarks after the game seem to indicate that he was just happy to get through that game with a W. If we play Ole Miss 10 times sure we win the majority of those games, but I guarantee they would beat us more times than any team on our schedule.

CoreGroup

1st Team
Nov 19, 2013
Dothan, Al
You seem to have it out for our team. If you want to continue to put them down then go right ahead. If you don't agree with me congrats doesn't mean you are correct. However I'll try a different tactic... what it asks is were the receivers for Ole Miss wide open against our defenders or were those great throws by Kelly? I think Fsu has a good dline but their defensive backs are their issue. Once they beat up on Kelly a little, by blitzing, he started making mistakes and had turnovers.

Bama would beat Fsu like a drum. You use statistics to attempt to prove your point but as you should know games and teams play different from week to week. There were times when Clemson last year looked awful and should have probably lost a couple games. So they score 40 + vs Bama yet didn't score that many against several teams. Are you saying because of that there were several teams better than Bama? Statistics mean nothing. Looking at plays and players is what determines game outcomes. Btw our defense was never lost or confused vs Ole Miss.

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
You seem to have it out for our team. .

. If you want to continue to put them down then go right ahead. If you don't agree with me congrats doesn't mean you are correct. .
I think you are misunderstanding this whole exchange if that is what you are getting out of this. look about 2 or 3 pages back and you will see the same people acting like Ole Miss is a scrub team that got lucky. You quoted CA who was quoting someone who said this:
Very very good teams dont put team down 21 points and allow that said team come back and then loose on your home field . They are explosive and lucky but no way are they very very good. If so they would be ranked in the top 5.
That is clearly putting Ole Miss down as a slightly above mediocre team. Which they are not. So by quoting that and saying "well FSU isn't a good team" seems to indicate you disagree.

However I'll try a different tactic... what it asks is were the receivers for Ole Miss wide open against our defenders or were those great throws by Kelly? . .
Again If you are arguing that Ole Miss is a slightly above mediocre team that played both us and FSU what is your perception of us?

Bama would beat Fsu like a drum.. .
not any part of the argument.

You use statistics to attempt to prove your point but as you should know games and teams play different from week to week. .
I honestly don't know what you are arguing at this point because that also negates your perception of FSU.

1)Statistics mean nothing. Looking at plays and players is what determines game outcomes. 2)Btw our defense was never lost or confused vs Ole Miss. .
1) on the field no, but gauging the effectiveness of a team on a week to week basis to form an opinion they can.

2) ??? Im not going to help you out on this argument, but there were times we were burned bad, and then there were plenty of times where Kelly was perfect. But you cant say ABSOLUTE either way.

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.