What teams are separating themselves in the SEC?

ChattTide

All-SEC
Jul 20, 2000
Memphis, TN
In watching the SEC games in he past couple of weeks I am trying to see which teams are on the rise. To be brutally honest, I haven't been extremely impressed by really anybody. Each team has their own difficulties to overcome. Now, I realize this is a small sample for this year. I'm just trying to see who you all the hint will be there at the end of the season. Who is the biggest threat?

Here is what I think as of Week 4:

Top Tier-
Alabama
Ole Miss

Mid Tier-
tennessee- still not sold even with their win over FL
Florida
Texas A&M
*Arkansas- rethought things after the A&M game
Georgia

Lower Tier-
LSU- they were flirting with mid tier, but today's fiasco at au proved they arare a dumpster fire
auburn
Missouri
South Carolina
Kentucky
Mississippi St
Vandy

What do you think?

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide

Last edited:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
In watching the SEC games in he past couple of weeks I am trying to see which teams are on the rise. To be brutally honest, I haven't been extremely impressed by really anybody. Each team has their own difficulties to overcome. Now, I realize this is a small sample for this year. I'm just trying to see who you all the hint will be there at the end of the season. Who is the biggest threat?

Here is what I think as of Week 4:

Top Tier-
Alabama
Ole Miss
Arkansas

Mid Tier-
tennessee- still not sold even with their win over FL
Florida
Texas A&M
Georgia

Lower Tier-
LSU- they were flirting with mid tier, but today's fiasco at au proved they arare a dumpster fire
auburn
Missouri
South Carolina
Kentucky
Mississippi St
Vandy

What do you think?

Roll Tide!!
ChattTide
You saved me a lot of writing. I want Florida to jump into the top tier mix but with the unfortunate Del Rio injury prevented that. I agree with all.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I'd have:

1. Bama
2. Winner of Pigs and A&M
3. UT played great in 2nd half, but verdict is still out
4. Looser of #2
5. UF
6. LSU, UGA, the barn

Everybody else is like pigs rolling around in mud

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Bama and Ole Miss....that's it at this point IMO.
Tennessee's trying to get to that level, and may do so, but they're not there quite yet.
I don't think Arkansas nor Texas A&M are serious contenders at all.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
Tennessee's trying to get to that level, and may do so, but they're not there quite yet.
Ole Miss certainly has top tier talent, but they've blown a 21 point lead twice. I can't put that kind of a team in the top tier, especially when one loss was to a team that lost 63-20.

pbearbryant

Scout Team
Nov 2, 2007
I completely agree (Alabama & Ole Miss) and I was not impressed with the way Butch Jones acted tonight after the Florida win.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
Ole Miss certainly has top tier talent, but they've blown a 21 point lead twice. I can't put that kind of a team in the top tier, especially when one loss was to a team that lost 63-20.
I agree!!! They've lost two games. Of course, depending on who wins/looses they are still in the SECw race. They are talented, but most SECw teams are and that doesn't mean they are on Bama's level.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Tier 1: Bama

2: OM, UT, A&M

3: UF, Ark

4: AU, LSU, UGA, Mo

Irrelevant: MSU, UK, So Car, Vandy

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
We'll see - I suspect OM will end up second in the SECW this season. They're VERY good.
I agree that they are very good. I don't think they have the mental makeup to finish second, but I did place them in the close but not quite top tier category so it's not like I'm saying they are a terrible team. Basically, there's Alabama and then everyone else and I then broke it down further. Alabama has some weakness as well, but the whole package - talent, mental attitude, coaching, etc;... - is there. Until someone proves otherwise that's how I see things. Depending on how Ark finishes this game I may drop them to middle tier.

Rolltidegirl205

All-SEC
Sep 20, 2014
Any high scoring SEC team like Ole miss and Texas A&M. I never thought I'd use high scoring and SEC in the same sentence.

Elefantman

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2007
R Can Saw
SEC grades:

A: Bama

B: Ole Miss, Ta&m, UT

C: Ark, UF, UGA, Awbarn

D: LSU, UK

F: Vandy , USC, Mizzo, MSU

Good news: We get to beat UT twice this year.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.