Good, bad, ugly: Kent state edition

• Bama Gymnastics @ NCAA Championship Semi-finals (ESPN2 | TONIGHT - 4/18 @ 8pm CT). We will have a game thread going in the Women's Sports board. Come join us!

tattooguy21

Suspended
Aug 14, 2012
Good: so many freshmen/younger players getting touches and playing time. The next few years at Alabama look REALLY good (I know, I know....The last 7 haven't been half bad)

Bad: injury bug. Seems like everyone will be back soon enough, but still, didn't like having to worry about it. I don't fault the Kent players, as they were just doing fundamental tackles at the knees and ankles (like you do when you're out gunned by an average of 30+ pounds).

The ugly: the upcoming schedule. This isn't the usual year for the sec with traditional powers (LSU hasn't scored in the 4th quarter this season......seriously) but Trevor knight is (IMO) a Chad Kelley level QB. They still have crazy tall receivers, and will get the best from Tennessee at Neyland and Arkansas, who despite the loss had great performance from their QB Allen

sent from my pyromaniac note 7

Last edited:

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good: so many freshmen/younger players getting touches and playing time. The next few years at Alabama look REALLY good (I know, I know....The last 7 haven't been half bad)

Bad: injury bug. Seems like everyone will be back soon enough, but still, didn't like having top worry about it. I don't fault the Kent players, as they were just doing fundamental tackles at the knees and ankles (like you do when you're out gunned by an average of 30+ pounds).

The ugly: the upcoming schedule. This isn't the usual year for the sec with traditional powers (LSU hadn't scored in the 4th quarter this season......seriously.) but Trevor knight is (IMO) a Chad Kelley level QB. They still have crazy talk receivers, and will get the best from Tennessee at Neyland and Arkansas, who despite the loss had great performance from their QB Allen

sent from my pyromaniac note 7
I can't argue with those, so I'll just say ditto this week.

The Good - We won of course, defense is unreal, Jalen coming in to his own, Cam Sims impressing

The Bad - Injuries Injuries Injuries, defense counting clouds on the first play, did I say injuries?, BB8 holding the ball until the cows came home

The Ugly - The color orange

I'm not so worried about the schedule. Everyone has a tough set during there schedule. We play these teams every year and they've run the same ole offenses that we've stopped before.

Sent from my wife's old iPhone 6 until I get my 7+ using Tapatalk

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Agreed. Impressed with Jacobs and Emmons. Glad to see the young guys step up.
Bad: injury bug. Seems like everyone will be back soon enough, but still, didn't like having to worry about it. I don't fault the Kent players, as they were just doing fundamental tackles at the knees and ankles (like you do when you're out gunned by an average of 30+ pounds).
I try to look at this philosophically. It's a long season. Ardarius (et al.) getting some rest is not a bad thing. We'll need the older players mental toughness as Bama heads down the stretch. Not that Ardarius was dogging it, but him being a little more rested will pay dividends in November.
The ugly: the upcoming schedule. This isn't the usual year for the sec with traditional powers (LSU hasn't scored in the 4th quarter this season......seriously) but Trevor knight is (IMO) a Chad Kelley level QB. They still have crazy tall receivers, and will get the best from Tennessee at Neyland and Arkansas, who despite the loss had great performance from their QB Allen
I believe we have already interacted with Mr. Knight. Lot of respect for that guy's talent. Hope Bama does better next time.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
GOOD... We got to play everybody but the waterboy.
BAD... We got a couple more guys banged up.
UGLY... Game was played in a steam room. Temps. were AWFUL.

Now comes a grueling SEC schedule of teams. Even the bad teams can take a cumulative toll on you.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.