Fournette NOT A TEAM PLAYER !!!

ontopp

All-SEC
Jan 31, 2004
Decatur.Alabama
I haven't posted in a while what I have seen is poor Qb play for the last 3 years, the guy sat could have checked off to Fournette several times while he was locked on to receivers that was clearly covered.JMO

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010
Granted I missed some of the game, but I saw a guy frustrated with the play calling. He's one of the best RBs in the nation and only had 16 carries. In what universe does that make sense?

What I saw from him is what every LSU fan was thinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Spot on...:cool2:

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He is the next Keyshawn Johnson. He will be a commentator in 5 years. In the mean time, just give him the ball and he's happy.

Bamabuzzard

FB Moderator
Staff member
Aug 15, 2004
Where ever there's BBQ, Bourbon & Football
I think he was frustrated and has been since the start of the season. Here's a kid with elite talent and he's operating in an offense that looks like it is run by a four year old. LSU's players had a lot of pre season expectations for themselves. Wanting to play for the city of Baton Rouge with the flooding and the social unrest going on. They wanted to be the shining light. That got brought to an end last night. Kid was frustrated and probably ticked off.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Fornette would have been better if he'd Came to Bama. He needs to shut it down for the year. If not, oh well call Marcus Dupree.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
I had similar thoughts as the OP. Not that he was being selfish. Not that he's playing not to get hurt. But I thought that he was milking that ankle injury. He looked/acted like Superman as long as things were going well (breaking long runs and stiff arming DBs to the ground along the way). But as soon as things didn't go well (he dropped a pass, he missed a chip block on Lawson that led to a sack) he would then limp or favor the ankle. If you're that hurt, get out of the game. There's not THAT much of a drop off with him & Guice. It always irked/irks me when a player reminds you every second that they're playing hurt. Everybody plays hurt. I don't wanna hear about the labor pains. Show me the baby.

All that said, I'm not sure what LSU fans want. He runs Fournette 40 times a game and they say the offense is not dynamic enough. They mix it up and start passing it more and they say give it to Fournette more. Coaches can only do so much. They simply don't have the talent at QB on campus right now.
Didn't someone make the statement that if you listen to the fans you will soon be sitting with the fans?

gumptider

1st Team
Sep 24, 2008
I think it's time someone seriously considers whether a group of LSU players is either A) purposefully trying to get Les fired or B) shaving points. Watching key moments in their losses, there are some weird things going on. Consider that last drive with the two drops. The first looks almost intentional. I don't know. I just think when you combine how badly this team has played with the poverty in Louisiana and the organized crime down there, it's not a far fetched idea.

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
I think it's time someone seriously considers whether a group of LSU players is either A) purposefully trying to get Les fired or B) shaving points. Watching key moments in their losses, there are some weird things going on. Consider that last drive with the two drops. The first looks almost intentional. I don't know. I just think when you combine how badly this team has played with the poverty in Louisiana and the organized crime down there, it's not a far fetched idea.
That was the same guy that caught the ball in the end zone that didn't count.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I think LF doesn't want his career ending early. Consider this: most of their offense has been running plays. No downfield passing game to speak of to keep defenses back a little to help the run game. Teams are t'ing off on him. If that happens all season long he can get used up and possibly hurt. I don't really blame him for being a little disgruntled. If I stood to make millions I wouldn't want that unnecesarily threatened. I know football is a violent sport but when you are your teams only offense (at least in the mind of your coach) the chances of getting injured in a bad way increases.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.