2016-2017 Coaching Carousel

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I'm not sure it will be an on-field position. Sark is the OC and QB coach. I know the 10th spot will be approved soon but not sure it is Trickett's spot. RTR91 - did it say if it was an on-field staff spot?
Nope. Just that he's joining the staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
This is not a bad move at all. I suspect this could be off the field support ready to move on to the 10th spot... Now, I think Based on Saban's interview and what he said about coaches... It sounds like we probably are expecting more turnovers after signing day... I'm thinking Billy Napier.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
Yea, 14-1 as a true freshman...dude needs a ton of help.
Yup..What Hurts did this past season was one of the most impressive feats I've seen by a True Freshman, there's no doubt, he needs some polishing passing the ball on mid to deep routes..But..Player's gravitates towards him on the football field, that to me, is what makes him a true "Field General" & that's a trait not all QB's has on the football field..

His passing will improve as he gets more snaps & the more he learns the playbook cause our offense was limited due to Hurts inexperience & not playing with a full playbook..It's going to be sooooo much fun watching our offense under the leadership of a more experienced Hurts leading our offense..

bamablood6

1st Team
Mar 27, 2006
Not much experience. I assume he will be the QB coach. Hope he knows what he's doing, because JH needs lots of help.
I would bet he is taking one of the offensive analyst jobs, offensive graduate assistant not an on field position.

Several in the past have left small colleges to be a Bama grad assistant and learn from Coach.

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
He was a tough competitor at WVU. Seemed to make the most of the skill set he was given. Showed a lot of smarts also. Thinking this is a great addition.

butchp

3rd Team
Oct 14, 2005
Wonder if his dad may be coming as OL coach after signing day. Didn't Saban triy to hire him early on.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
JH has been through spring practice, fall practice, and a full year of playing, but he went backwards as the year progressed. He's a great runner, but he can't read defenses and his passing is suspect. Like I said, he needs lots of help.
And we can thank Lane Kiffin for that regression.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
JH has been through spring practice, fall practice, and a full year of playing, but he went backwards as the year progressed. He's a great runner, but he can't read defenses and his passing is suspect. Like I said, he needs lots of help.

Quick... Remind me how many games JH lost.
Think back, we were ahead, and our Defense didn't stop Clemson.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country

Quick... Remind me how many games JH lost.
Think back, we were ahead, and our Defense didn't stop Clemson.
I wondered how long it would take for the blame game to start. Defenses fault for not stopping Clemson, OL's fault for not blocking, Lane's fault for poor development, JH's hands too small, etc., etc. JH did not win or lose a single game, our team won 14 games and our team lost one game.This doesn't change the fact that JH needs a lot of improvement.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
There is no defending Kiffin for the last half of the season. None.

That's correct, and we must blame him for Jalen's regression. That is, we would be obligated to blame him for Jalen's regression if Jalen had regressed. But he didn't. This is the best of all possible worlds. 14-1. But still, all fault (or lack thereof, since we don't have any faults that need considerable improvement) must fall on Kiffin. Got it?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.