2016-2017 Coaching Carousel

rtcjny

All-SEC
Jan 27, 2011
Hartselle ,AL
Anybody else think this may cause the Barn to hurry up and send Gus packing? They are going to have to compete with LSU for a new head coach.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
But what do they gain by doing it now? Firing Miles and Cameron now would be a childish temper tantrum in response to a disappointing loss.

Wait until the week of the last regular-season game, announce that there will be a change at the end of the season, and give it at least some semblance of consideration and order.
Now is the perfect time. If you wait until later, you run the risk of a winning streak that rallies the fans around Les . . . again. If you want him out, you have to do it now, while the Auburn loss is still fresh. Or be stuck in this rut for the next _ years.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Now is the perfect time. If you wait until later, you run the risk of a winning streak that rallies the fans around Les . . . again. If you want him out, you have to do it now, while the Auburn loss is still fresh. Or be stuck in this rut for the next _ years.

Yeah, if your mind is made up, make the change.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I understand the reason behind the firing, but the timing was interesting. Why not just say "LEs, finish out the season, you're not coming back next year." I'm curious about the 2017 recruits and how they will respond to this firing. I think we'll see some flips to different schools. Then we may potentially see huge distractions that will affect FSU, Houston, LSU this season because of their name tied to the potential coaching gig.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Nah, the UK job is a career killer. I'd say Kiffin is headed for a Utah State type job.
I agree it's been a black hole for most coaches, but I could see Kiffin--with his slide rule offensive mind-- being a throwback to the Hal Mumme days when they had some moderate success. Plus, he would definitely gin up some enthusiasm and buzz with the wildcat fan base....but I'd have to agree, in the end Kif probably ends up going out west.

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
I agree it's been a black hole for most coaches, but I could see Kiffin--with his slide rule offensive mind-- being a throwback to the Hal Mumme days when they had some moderate success. Plus, he would definitely gin up some enthusiasm and buzz with the wildcat fan base....but I'd have to agree, in the end Kif probably ends up going out west.
I think he goes to Oregon.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
LK will only go to a place that has the "resources" he has at UA. He has said as much...UK is out. It would take an Oregon or some place like that....I believe he is here until CNS retires. It's a fairly lucrative gig...and someone else takes most of the heat.

TNElephantitis

1st Team
Nov 30, 2015
Memphis, TN
Texas DC Vance Bedford "demoted"; Strong to take over defensive play calls. Texas brass maintains Strong won't be fired mid-season, but if UTw loses to Oklahoma, will they go ahead and pull the trigger? The consensus on this board seems to believe if you're gonna do it, do it now. Don't wait until the season's over

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
Purdue reportedly fired Darrell Hazell.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Except for the timing no surprise. Unfortunately Purdue is like UK and MSU, decent jobs but essentially a coaching graveyard. Picking up $4.45M is pretty cool.

Last edited:

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
Guess it is time for the obligatory "Houston Nutt has denied any interest in the job" post.

Wonder if it will also turn into the obligatory Les Miles or Art Briles post..............

Hey, it could happen.
I actually saw a couple articles saying Les could get the Purdue job. I just don't see that happening.

I hate for anyone to lose a job, but with $4 million plus coming his way, hard to feel sorry for this guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I actually saw a couple articles saying Les could get the Purdue job. I just don't see that happening.

I hate for anyone to lose a job, but with $4 million plus coming his way, hard to feel sorry for this guy.
Could get it? They would wash his feet to get him to come. I have no idea if he would, but they would absolutely love to have a real head coach at Purdue once again. Great school, but tough to recruit there.

As for feeling sorry for Miles - we should all have his money problems.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.