Link: Jose Fernandez (Marlins pitcher) buys the farm in night boat crash

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Such a great talent gone too soon. Prayers for all families as I understood there are three deceased. He was suppose to pitch today, but they pushed his start back until Monday. He would never had been out there, I wouldn't imagine, if he was starting today.

My my question is is it common to be out on the water at 3 in the morning? Not familiar with boating so I don't know.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
Such a great talent gone too soon. Prayers for all families as I understood there are three deceased. He was suppose to pitch today, but they pushed his start back until Monday. He would never had been out there, I wouldn't imagine, if he was starting today.

My my question is is it common to be out on the water at 3 in the morning? Not familiar with boating so I don't know.
Hmm.. In a 30 foot boat? Without lights? In an area where there are rock outcroppings? Not me.
It makes me wonder just what he was doing there, and at that time.

Jessica4Bama

Hall of Fame
Nov 7, 2009
Alabama
Hmm.. In a 30 foot boat? Without lights? In an area where there are rock outcroppings? Not me.
It makes me wonder just what he was doing there, and at that time.

I didn't realize it didn't have lights. I also heard speed was a factor. Sounds like something that could have easily been avoided.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
I didn't realize it didn't have lights. I also heard speed was a factor. Sounds like something that could have easily been avoided.
No, boats don't have headlights (unless custom-installed). Neither do they have brakes, and as such can't stop as fast as a motor vehicle on the streets.
Anyone who doesn't understand the interactions of boats and the water they're traveling through has no business at the wheel of one, day or night.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
How very tragic. Jose seemed like a really good guy. He was very passionate about baseball and the few times I saw him pitch against the braves he was a joy to watch. The guy smiled a lot and was a serious competitor. I would not have known he was Cuban if the announcers hadn't said so.

Huge loss for baseball and the Cuban community. Prayers for all who loved him. RIP, Jose.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.