Les Miles fired according to Sunday reports

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
ESPN is reporting it too so it looks like a done deal. I think they will still owe him a chunk of money so it's not like he will be broke with no work......

EscaTider

Hall of Fame
Oct 2, 2008
Flomaton, AL
Long overdue. The dumb part is he would have been retained had the touchdown not been overturned. Like that one play would have suddenly made them a contender...
Possibly, but I'm thinking after last year's debacle of trying to hire Jimbo, coupled with the opening day loss to Wisconsin, anything short of 10-2 with a win over Bama would've gotten him canned this year.

The expectations for LSU this season were simply unattainable, given their QB talent, or lack thereof.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For a guy who is not going to stay at Alabama more than two years, Coach Nick Saban is now the longest serving coach in the SEC.

RTR

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Herman or Freeze would be excellent hires imo.

Les has a 12.9 million buyout, so he will ride off well, and for that reason, the nature of the business, I do not feel sorry for him. I do like him.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Hate to hear this. I think Miles is an outstanding coach who has done a great job.
It's a shame that the ending of the game last night cost him his job.Without that one play LSU is 3-1 with one very close, early season loss to a top ten team. Such is the nature of the beast I guess, but it's still kind of sad.
I think it will cost LSU a whole bunch of money to get a top tier coach to take that job.
Very few currently successful coaches want to venture into the world of that ridiculous fan base.
sip

CraigD

All-American
Aug 8, 2006
Columbus, GA
Long overdue. The dumb part is he would have been retained had the touchdown not been overturned. Like that one play would have suddenly made them a contender...
Posted in the Coaching Carousel thread, but I'll paste it here also:

I said to my buddies last night that before the game I figured it was a "coaching hot seat loser-leave-town" sort of game. Turns out I was right.

Miles has been Malzahned

2003TIDE

Hall of Fame
Jul 10, 2007
ATL
If Houston gets invited to the Big 12, Herman isn't going anywhere. Plus he'd get a $5mil bonus for that.

BamaInMo1

All-American
Oct 27, 2006
Cumming, GA
I don't think UH will let Herman go without a big fight. LSWho may find themselves stuck hiring someone like Orgeron (maybe even Orgeron himself) at a bargain basement price for a few years. In the long run it may be a smart move. Wait until a young up and comer is there for the picking. Of course, they may have intentions of hiring LK away.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
If Houston gets invited to the Big 12, Herman isn't going anywhere. Plus he'd get a $5mil bonus for that.
We are soon to find out how good of a job LSU is. No question that Coach Saban elevated it, if you look at who they hired before him. It was not top established coaches, but a peck down. They hit 7's with CNS. I don't believe he was at the Herman level in hot commodities. But a solid up and coming.

CrimsonPride

1st Team
Dec 9, 2001
Chattanooga, TN
Hate to hear this. I think Miles is an outstanding coach who has done a great job.
It's a shame that the ending of the game last night cost him his job.Without that one play LSU is 3-1 with one very close, early season loss to a top ten team. Such is the nature of the beast I guess, but it's still kind of sad.
I think it will cost LSU a whole bunch of money to get a top tier coach to take that job.
Very few currently successful coaches want to venture into the world of that ridiculous fan base.
sip
Don't forget, they almost let a hapless Miss State come back to win in Tiger Stadium.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
Bummer, I was hoping Les would continue on at lsu forever ha.

Anyway, highly doubt they can get Herman, although no doubt that's exactly the type of change they're going to focus on.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
I just can't understand why he refused to fire Cameron after last season. It could have saved his job.
What makes you think he wanted to save his job? Probably kept things the way they were to collect the buyout and get away from the fans that have constantly bashed him for years and called for him to be fired. I think he wanted this to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.