Les Miles fired according to Sunday reports

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
I hate it for Les because I like him but in the world of college football, it is about what have you done for me lately. In 11 plus years at LSU, he was 114-34 with 1 national championship and played for another. A lot of programs wish they could say that. Tough thing playing in the SEC west.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
What took em so long...

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
Probably a national title, three SEC West titles, two SEC Championships, and the fact that he's one of the best recruiters in the nation. What's really funny is that there's no way possible they can hire anybody with a resume that good unless they rehire Coach Saban.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This may also affect the job of the Athletic Director's job, which was in jeopardy last year

I think that this very much depends on where he stood on Miles last year. Was he fighting to keep Miles, or forced to keep Miles? If the former, he is gone. If the later, he will probably be given a chance to hire a replacement.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Thing about hiring Art Briles, is that its kind of complicated. A lot of the current Baylor staff will join Art where he goes, its just how it is and how Art operates. A lot of that Baylor staff have been with Art since Art's highschool coaching days at Stephenville. His Son Kendall being one of them. Also, word in Central Texas is that QB Jarrett Stidham will go where Art Briles goes. So if its LSU, so be it.

BamaBoySince89

All-American
Aug 13, 2016
Harvest, AL
I think that this very much depends on where he stood on Miles last year. Was he fighting to keep Miles, or forced to keep Miles? If the former, he is gone. If the later, he will probably be given a chance to hire a replacement.
He was forced, otherwise he would have been embarrassed by firing Miles and having to settle for a coach he didn't want. Who knows, that new coach might have turned them around for all we know

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
What makes you think he wanted to save his job? Probably kept things the way they were to collect the buyout and get away from the fans that have constantly bashed him for years and called for him to be fired. I think he wanted this to happen.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Come on, seriously...

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
With the situation behind his firing I can't imagine him being a candidate, but you never know.
Well, there are two sides to that coin. A lot of folks think that Art was a scapegoat and was did wrong by Baylor.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.