Les Miles fired according to Sunday reports

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Come on, seriously...
Yes actually. How would you feel about working somewhere that people constantly bash you and talk about getting rid of you? After all the stuff at the end of the season last year I think les was just tired of it all. He looked worn out at the end of the season last year during the time they were talking about firing him.

If I knew I could get $10,000,000 and get away from people like that, I know I would. I certainly wouldn't quit and give that up. I'd give them a reason to get rid of me and collect.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

boatmax

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2004
Guntersvliie, AL
LSU Dad video blog should go viral. I was anxious to see his video about the end of last night's game. Previously he had blogged to fire the Athletic Director, and if that did not work, then fire the Governor; as they were not getting their $64 million value football budget, and he named the wins, first downs and total yards.
Now he may be inundated, while trying to get his stuff ready now
He does a lot of SEC news, but most is about LSU today.

Last edited:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Exactly, the whole idea that Herman is firmly entrenched at Houston is puzzling to me. LSU is a destination job, Houston isn't.
That's true. At the same time, if you were a young coach, making great money, would you really leave your current utopian situation to walk into a hornets nest of expectations that wants to fire you if you can't beat Coach Saban?

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
That's true. At the same time, if you were a young coach, making great money, would you really leave your current utopian situation to walk into a hornets nest of expectations that wants to fire you if you can't beat Coach Saban?
Probably not but I'm not ambitious. I've found it you don't have a goal, you're never disappointed ;)

All of these coaches are alphas and have huge egos. It's hard for us to speculate what they'll do but I don't see Herman turning down a huge SEC power for a Group of 5 team...

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
I knew after watching Fournette jawing at Miles at the end of the game last night that he lost his team & figured it was only a matter of time before he got "Processed" for good..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Exactly, the whole idea that Herman is firmly entrenched at Houston is puzzling to me. LSU is a destination job, Houston isn't.
It really depends on Herman's end game. I seriously doubt that Herman's life goal is t be the head coach at LSU right now, and winning at LSU would be a whole lot harder than winning at Houston. So, again, it really depends on where he sees himself in the future.

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
I would figure he will eventually get a gig with espn or some sort providing "analysis" on the SEC and college football as long ad there is not any kind of stipulations in his contract.He'll be in good shape

Last edited:

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I'm tell you all, its Art Briles. I live in Central Texas and those rumors are swirling like the wind right now.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
It really depends on Herman's end game. I seriously doubt that Herman's life goal is t be the head coach at LSU right now, and winning at LSU would be a whole lot harder than winning at Houston. So, again, it really depends on where he sees himself in the future.
my guess is that he see's himself destroying the big 12 as the HC at Houston for some time. Now if the big 12 balks and doesn't bring in Houston I think he bolts

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Probably not but I'm not ambitious. I've found it you don't have a goal, you're never disappointed ;)

All of these coaches are alphas and have huge egos. It's hard for us to speculate what they'll do but I don't see Herman turning down a huge SEC power for a Group of 5 team...
Good point. I don't know a ton about Herman's personality, goals, etc.
I just know that you really have to be driven personally to have a chance at LSU.
Coach Saban is the perfect example.
The Bayou Bengals are almost in an era like we faced after Coach Bryant left. Like no coach is good enough or can win enough.
I think they face quite an uphill battle.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
What a crazy weekend in the SEC, The Barners get a win without scoring a TD AND gets a coach fired at the same time, Florida blows a 21 point lead against UT, A&M looks like a program revived from the dead, Ole Sis just dismantles a ranked UGA team and LSU parts ways with ol grass eater. Just a surreal season.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.