Les Miles fired according to Sunday reports

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
Lets say it is Briles and keep in mind Briles isn't coaching right now. Whats the chances we see Briles on LSU's sideline THIS year before the year is up? Has that ever happened before anywhere that any of you recall?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Lets say it is Briles and keep in mind Briles isn't coaching right now. Whats the chances we see Briles on LSU's sideline THIS year before the year is up? Has that ever happened before anywhere that any of you recall?

Good question. It has worked in professional sports, but I don't remember it happening in college football.

BamaLuver

G&C | FB Moderator
Aug 16, 2000
Mobile, AL
LSU Dad video blog should go viral. I was anxious to see his video about the end of last night's game. Previously he had blogged to fire the Athletic Director, and if that did not work, then fire the Governor; as they were not getting their $64 million value football budget, and he named the wins, first downs and total yards. Now he may be inundated, while trying to get his stuff ready now. He does a lot of SEC news, but most is about LSU today.
Looks like TJ (LSU Dad) will have a video uploaded any minute now. :)

TJ LSU DAD ‏@tj_lsudad 16m - Video uploading as we speak! #lesmilesfired

This comes after his video on "Leaving Alabama - totally disgusted"! :)

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I thought about this possibility too. If they hire him quickly and he takes over midseason there would not be much time for a media backlash.

If they wait until the offseason, there will be several months of terrible publicity.

I'm honestly expecting them to announce the hire any day now.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
IMO they should have fired Miles after last season. Easier to replace a coach after the season than during. Am not going to speculate on their next coach. This could actually make our game with them tougher as their offense will probably be more unpredictable.

Loam

All-SEC
Oct 20, 2014
I thought about this possibility too. If they hire him quickly and he takes over midseason there would not be much time for a media backlash.

If they wait until the offseason, there will be several months of terrible publicity.

I'm honestly expecting them to announce the hire any day now.
Which BEGS another question. You can look at the Baylor forums now and even find evidence, but most of Baylor's current offensive staff will go where Art Briles goes. How the hell would they handle THAT? Could Baylor's O-Staff just uproot and go to LSU mid season like that? I guess it depends on contracts and whatnot? Or would they just hire Briles now and figure that mess out during the off season?

scoretide

Suspended
Nov 26, 2010
Boaz, Alabama
MAN, I knew this , this morning but was told to keep my mouth shut. And also a few on here have a problem with you breaking news if they don't do it first. I got a text last night from a construction job aquantance ( we did the scoreboard in the SUPER DOME IN NEW ORLEANS ) and me and him became friends, He is a deep alum at LSU, my family goes out with his , and so forth !!!! I ask him last night, and he told me he was flying back from the game and things did not look good for les. He called me this morning and told me he was gone !!!! GOD I DID NOT WANT TO KEEP THAT SECRET ! I have ask him can I share some info when he gets it on the new coach. He told me the #1 guy is HERMAN, BUT LANE KIFFIN is on their list. I CANT BELIVE IT !!!!!

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
MAN, I knew this , this morning but was told to keep my mouth shut. And also a few on here have a problem with you breaking news if they don't do it first. I got a text last night from a construction job aquantance ( we did the scoreboard in the SUPER DOME IN NEW ORLEANS ) and me and him became friends, He is a deep alum at LSU, my family goes out with his , and so forth !!!! I ask him last night, and he told me he was flying back from the game and things did not look good for les. He called me this morning and told me he was gone !!!! GOD I DID NOT WANT TO KEEP THAT SECRET ! I have ask him can I share some info when he gets it on the new coach. He told me the #1 guy is HERMAN, BUT LANE KIFFIN is on their list. I CANT BELIVE IT !!!!!
I think we all pretty much knew this ;)

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
There are some actual Aubies on Twitter COMPLAINING - I repeat, COMPLAINING - that somehow Alabama fans think Saban got all the coaches in the SEC fired. I'd never go that far (Saban surely had nothing to do with Bobby Petrino getting canned, and we didn't get Urban Meyer fired, we just gave him a heart attack, no big deal).

But it was coming across like they actually wanted Auburn to get CREDIT for Miles getting canned. It's kind of ludicrous. Miles is being fired for a complex tapestry of reasons that include his own ineptitude, his continuing inability to learn how to manage a game clock, his lack of offensive output, and losing to Alabama.

I mean, Miles didn't get fired for going 8-4 against Auburn, I'm sure of that. My goodness, he was the only team to beat Auburn prior to FSU in the SEC title year.

But I suspect there's some chess strategy going on here. The insanity of the end of last night's game might well backfire on Auburn long-term. What if Auburn only loses to Ole Miss and Alabama the rest of the way? I think Gus would survive an 8-4 year or especially a 9-3 year. But I don't think he's the long-term solution. LSU now has it out there, "We are pretty much giving up this year but will try, however, Herman-Petrino-Briles-Kiffin all need to know there's an opening in Baton Rouge." Then, they get to pick one of them and bring him to Red Stick.

What if Malzahn gets to come back and Auburn is another .500 team next year with none of those names available? They would have won the battle but lost the war.

I think there's another element here. With a new OC, maybe, just maybe LSU can get some offense besides Leonard Fournette. He doesn't want to get hurt with that big NFL check on its way, and I can't blame him. And that's more likely when you're all they've got. So maybe it's also a way to keep things together. Orgeron has actually done this before and done it well at USC.

Just my two pennies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.