Les Miles fired according to Sunday reports

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
Well FWIW I always appreciated how classy Coach Miles was/is. I thought he was very gracious in both victory and defeat. Will be interesting to see how things play out but I view this as a loss to the university...even though I also realize the politics of the position.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I would flip the channel from an LSU game quicker than I would if Les was breaking down a game in studio. You know, in that over the top, uninhibited, humorous, passionate way that he can do. Les Miles could a rising star on television. A likable Lou Holtz 2 steps up over a Mack Brown. I hope he retires and entertains me on Saturday's breaking down games and teams. That it his last calling imo. He is only 62, but a very wealthy, vibrant 62 year old.

jef0071

Suspended
Dec 19, 2005
Hewitt, Texas, United States
that's disgusting if true

that dude should be toxic
the problem with most BAMA fans is...they think there isnt a worse program in the country than auburn. i'm here to tell ya'll lsWHO is just as pathetic and disgusting. i wouldnt put it past lsWHO to hire him...lsWHO cares only about BAMA and beating us, there is no difference in them and their fans vs lsWHO and their fans...the only difference is you live in ALABAMA and only have to deal with auburn fans.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Chuckie (Gruden), and he gets to keep his QB camp.

Le Smiles to UK when they get on with the Stoops family reunion.

Bama Reb

Suspended
Nov 2, 2005
On the lake and in the woods, AL
the problem with most BAMA fans is...they think there isnt a worse program in the country than auburn. i'm here to tell ya'll lsWHO is just as pathetic and disgusting. i wouldnt put it past lsWHO to hire him...lsWHO cares only about BAMA and beating us, there is no difference in them and their fans vs lsWHO and their fans...the only difference is you live in ALABAMA and only have to deal with auburn fans.
I disagree. I'll gladly go on vacation in Red Stick, but can barely stand to hold my nose while driving through Auburn/Opelika.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
He was stupid enough to get caught with a cupcake via a motorcycle accident. Petrino is a lot of things - stupid is high on the list of things he is.
I will say that he is smart enough not leave the school he originally left that started off a chapter that about ruined his life. And any coach of his caliber is far from stupid. Yes, he has issue's with impulses, but throwing around stupid is a stretch.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
seems to have learned from the mistake....we'll see
.Petrino, like Pitino is not going anywhere. Yes he is deficient in some areas, but is in the top 20 of his profession, I'm not in my field. It would be a PR nightmare in coaching that I have ever seen, if he left Louisville AGAIN, and he knows what a PR nightmare is.

No way.

BradtheImpaler

All-American
Nov 16, 2010
Sugar Hill, GA
LSU needs to act quickly. Based on what they are on the hook for to get rid of Miles, they can really save some money by hiring Art Briles.
They'll just need little stickers that say "Art Br" for the programs and media guides. Think of the savings!

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Just thinking - I guess this means Saban is the coach that has been with his current school the longest in the SEC. He's processed an entire conference.

Saban: 10th season
Mullen: 8th season
Freeze and Sumlin: 5th season
Bielema, Malzahn, Stoops, Jones: 4th season
Mason: 3rd season
McElwain: 2nd season
Smart, Odom, Muschamp: 1st season

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.