Early Odds for Week 5 (2016) Games of Note

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
What a week! And the firings have begun. Ron Turner out at FIU. Brian Kelly using Brian VanGorder as the sacrificial lamb. LSU parting ways with Les Miles (and Cam Cameron). And the season is yet young.

As always, TideFans.com neither condones nor endorses any gambling of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only.

• Out west, Washington is a 3 pt favorite over Stanford
  • Looking for revenge after being upset last season, Ole Miss is favored by 13 over Memphis
  • Ohio St. is favored by 37 over Rutgers
  • Michigan is favored by 9.5 over Wisconsin
  • In this week's game of the week, Clemson opened as 3 pt favored over Louisville. Early action has that number now at 2 in favor of Clemson.
  • Auburn is favored by 34 over La-Monroe
  • Alabama is favored by 32.5 over Kentucky after opening as a 31 pt favorite.
  • Tennessee is favored by 3.5 over Georgia. (Mack's note: I wish they could both lose)
  • Florida is favored by 8.5 over Vandy
  • TAMU is favored by 14.5 over USCe
  • TCU vs. Oklahoma is a Pick Em
  • In Coach Ed Orgeron's first game as interim HC at LSU, the Bayou Bengals are favored by 14 over Mizzou
  • No line for Arkansas and Alcorn St.

Enjoy the games!
That's funny. My dad is a domer fan and we watched Duke shred ND 2 plays straight including a 20 yard TD run where the back literally did not get touched. I told him I'd fire VG right then! I told him he wouldn't make it til Monday. Looks like I made the super easy call.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TideWatcher

All-SEC
Dec 11, 2006
newton county, ms
Didn't like the way Ga competed against OM, but hope they beat the Vols. If I had to bet, I would take Ga and the points. Vols can be expected to lay an egg after the roller coaster high against Fl. Seems Wisky getting too many points. Expect that to be a close game.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I don't know what to make of Clemson/Louisville. As good as Watson is, I think Louisville as the advantage at QB. But, I would think Clemson has the advantage everywhere else and they are the home team. They haven't set the world on fire offensively yet, but their defense has been stout. I really think being at home will make all the difference and Louisville loses for the first time this year.

Michigan will stomp Wisconsin. The Big Ten is Ohio State/Michigan and everyone else. You were thinking Michigan State was pretty good after they beat Notre Dame and then the Irish went and lost to Duke AT HOME. You thought Wisconsin was pretty good after beating LSU and then LSU went and lost to Auburn. So, Michigan will pummel the Badgers.

Stanford/Washington. I would bet Stanford wins, if I were a betting man. I would also bet Stanford loses 2 before the season is over, and McCaffery misses out on the Heisman again. Just like Andrew Luck and Toby Geirhart before him. It's a proud Stanford tradition.

I think LSU loses to Missouri.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Michigan will stomp Wisconsin. The Big Ten is Ohio State/Michigan and everyone else. You were thinking Michigan State was pretty good after they beat Notre Dame and then the Irish went and lost to Duke AT HOME. You thought Wisconsin was pretty good after beating LSU and then LSU went and lost to Auburn. So, Michigan will pummel the Badgers.
You could be right, but what UM win are you hanging your hat on right now? Colorado? Penn State? This will be the first quality opponent that UM has faced this season. We have no idea how good they really are.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
You could be right, but what UM win are you hanging your hat on right now? Colorado? Penn State? This will be the first quality opponent that UM has faced this season. We have no idea how good they really are.
I can't argue with their lack of schedule. I'm only basing it off what they have looked like. It will definitely be revealed against Wisconsin. I just think their talent level is greater than the Badgers, and their coaching is also. They haven't stumbled against anyone yet (Colorado for a few minutes but they figured it out and I think Colorado is a pretty good team if their QB is healthy).

We'll see. Granted, I think Ohio State is going to truck them again at the end of the season.

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
I love Wisconsin getting those points. People can trash LSU or Michigan State but IMO those are still two talented teams and the Wisco defense was dominant against them.

I wouldn't read too much into the Georgia State game... They were sleepwalking through that one, clearly showed up assuming they would win...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Washington's schedule is pretty straight forward. They have a "monkey off their back" type game like Tennessee experienced last week coming up against Oregon. @Utah will be tough. Arizona State is kind of a mayhem team with a big-little defense - as Saban calls it - and explosive offense.

They really could go 12-0.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Washington's schedule is pretty straight forward. They have a "monkey off their back" type game like Tennessee experienced last week coming up against Oregon. @Utah will be tough. Arizona State is kind of a mayhem team with a big-little defense - as Saban calls it - and explosive offense.

They really could go 12-0.
I agree, but am still not sure that I understand what we saw last night. Did we see a great Huskie team, or a much weaker Stanford team? We will see as the season plays out.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.