Thoughts on CNS contacting Les Miles and bringing him in as another consultant?

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
Thoughts? Head hurting. Les will either continue as a head coach or become the highest paid ESPN commentator in history.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
Coaches that want to coach again at some point. Les is 63. No one is hiring 63 year old coaches. Leslie has coached his last game. Sucks, but also fitting that it ended the way it did. My opinion is that ESPN now has their replacement for Coach Corso.
They need to get rid of Mack Brown first.... Les might be great , but who can understand what he is taking about half the time, so he and Lee are a good match.

ptw1961

1st Team
Dec 8, 2011
Les is in his 60's and is going to paid over 10 million to go away. Why would he want to? Trust me- it will not happen.
Well, CNS has a thing about bringing ex-coaches into the fold. So I figured i'd float the idea out there.

capnfrog

All-American
Aug 17, 2002
Pell city, Al. U.S.A.
Not sure why anyone would want to hire him as a HC. He had the best area to recruit from and couldn't win a NC. He was funny and liked to eat grass, I liked to listen to him talk. I would like for Les to replace Butch Jones.

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
Coaches that want to coach again at some point. Les is 63. No one is hiring 63 year old coaches. Leslie has coached his last game. Sucks, but also fitting that it ended the way it did. My opinion is that ESPN now has their replacement for Coach Corso.
Yes. Miles knows a bit about football and he has great one-liners when thinking on his feet. Watching Corso now is painful. He gets so tongue-tied and halting in his delivery. I think Miles would be a great add to the CGD line-up.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
I could never see this happening...I just don't see the value in bringing in a coach who has shown an unwillingness to adapt/change in the way the CNS has...I think Miles would be opposed to it as well...how would it benefit him? he's getting paid a lot of money to sit home and decompress...I would be surprised if he listened to any offers during this time frame. But then again, this is Les Miles we're talking about...he could be the coach at Baylor this time next year, who knows???

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.