Thoughts on CNS contacting Les Miles and bringing him in as another consultant?

RobK

All-SEC
Aug 27, 2004
Holts Summit, MO
knodell.blog-city.com
Miles will get head coaching offers this offseason. Maybe Baylor, maybe a place by Kentucky. I could also see him up north in the Big 10 if the right job opened. Also, TV has to be a very possible option for him. He is enough of a character that I would think there would be interest if he wants to go that route.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Maybe as a turf consultant since PWBjr's got that greyhound racing consortium and horse racing interests.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
LSU is a player short and he's the QB. There are a lot of worse coaches that will keep their jobs this year.

If the time ever comes I hope the Bama ptb have the decency to ride their coach until the end of the season.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Coaches that want to coach again at some point. Les is 63. No one is hiring 63 year old coaches. Leslie has coached his last game. Sucks, but also fitting that it ended the way it did. My opinion is that ESPN now has their replacement for Coach Corso.
I disagree that nobody will hire Les Miles. But I could be wrong.

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
...he's getting paid a lot of money to sit home and decompress...I would be surprised if he listened to any offers during this time frame...
Assuming Miles' contract with LSU is standard, the buyout would be pre-conditioned upon his accepting reasonable job offers as long as LSU might be paying any buyout. For an example of how this works in practice, look no further than CLK and Alabama until this past June (when his USC buyout expired).

So, he won't really have the option to sit at home and decompress unless his performance at LSU was such that no one else wants to hire him...

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
Coaches that want to coach again at some point. Les is 63. No one is hiring 63 year old coaches. Leslie has coached his last game. Sucks, but also fitting that it ended the way it did. My opinion is that ESPN now has their replacement for Coach Corso.
I don't think age is a factor. If he wants to coach he'll coach.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.