Arnold Palmer Makes His Heavenly Tee Time At 87

tidegrandpa

All-American
My wife went to a Seniors Tournament in Austin when the Senior Tour first started. She was in her early thirties and came back not wanting to wash her arm and hand again after she met Arnie, Said he was really 'handsome'. And classy. RIP Arnie, one of a kind.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I feel like I did when Coach Bryant died; he was what was right with our country and exemplified winning and losing with class and dignity. I somehow thought they would live forever. As someone said Arnold truly now belongs to the Ages. RIP Mr. Palmer, you will be missed.

Last edited:

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
I've lived all my adult life following Arnold Palmer. In golf and in business and in life, Arnold has always been a champion in my eyes. Everybody in the golf industry owes Arnold Palmer a debt as he played a major part in making golf what it is today. The Arnold Palmer brand is one of the most successful brands ever (He changed the way Sports stars made money). He has been a spokesman for many other brands. Pennzoil (I still see him driving that old tractor), Cadillac, Administaff, Xarelto, and so many others I can't think of right now. An avid pilot and one of the 1st athletes to own and fly his own airplane. Arnold Palmer set the standard that so many athletes follow today. A true pioneer. I plan on celebrating Arnolds life today by buying an "Arnold Palmer" (the beverage he created and marketed) and toasting one of the greatest golfers who ever lived. RIP Arnold, you will be missed, but you will live in our hearts forever.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
My father was an avid golfer and would never miss an opportunity to see him on television, he loved Arnold. Aside from what he did for golf, his greatest legacy may be what he and his wife, Winnie and their family did for women and children's health care in terms of hospitals and many charities.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Loved me some Arnie !! While I've never met Arnold I know many that have and all have praised him as being extremely friendly and down to earth. The world lost another "goodun".

CrimsonNagus

Hall of Fame
Jun 6, 2007
Montgomery, Alabama, United States
I used to work for the Golf Channel, which he co-founded, and met him briefly (as in shock his hand) at one of the company Christmas parties. The Christmas parties were always at Bay Hill Club and Lodge and he would usually make an appearance.

RIP Mr. Palmer, don't show up Jesus too much on the links.

HartselleTider

Suspended
Jan 11, 2012
Always dreaded this day. Golf lost it's best gentleman, American lost a great patriot, and the world lost a great man. Nope, there will never be another Arnie.

Arnold Palmers for everybody. Drink up.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.