2016 Presidential Debates

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
I can't agree with Ezra hard enough on this.

Link

[W]e need to find the best candidate. I covered the White House as a new administration tried to manage a financial crisis and two wars, not to mention the daily work of running the country. Here’s what I learned: Being president is a really, really, really hard job. That doesn’t sound like much of an insight, obviously, but take it seriously enough and it changes how you think about elections — it changes the risks you’re willing to take and the kinds of people you think can perform. Even the best among us will fall short regularly. But the worst among us could do serious, terrible damage.

A list of the qualities a president needs to be successful would overwhelm this piece. But many of them are obvious. This is a position that demands dutifulness, rigor, reliability, compassion, brilliance, and an almost endless capacity to absorb hard work and personal criticism. There is nothing partisan in this description. It fit Mitt Romney, for instance. But does it sound like Donald Trump to you? If it does, then great — vote for him. If it doesn’t, then that’s the bar Trump needs to clear tonight and for the rest of the election.

We can’t judge Trump on a curve because the job won’t, either.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
The debate is about crashes....as I mentioned in an earlier post.

Most of the race is the same old same old. But when there's a crash...everyone looks up!

No need really to watch the debate - the crashes will be shown afterwards - the media never fails at this!

Last edited:

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
Wonder if we will see Hillary have one of her "episodes" tonight?

Really looking forward to this tonight
I would be surprised if she didn't. Someone posted a video in her thread; maybe it was Bazza. It was about finding out who the black man is that is always by her side. It was thought that he was former Secret Service, and he was always carrying around something that looked like a syringe... anyway, like I said I think the video is in her thread. There was a moment when she was giving a campaign speech and she was being heckled and he ran to her side to help compose her. In that moment, for a split second, I felt sympathy for her. Yes, genuine sympathy. I saw my grandmother getting flustered in that moment.

It was just a split second, I know. But I just don't think she is healthy enough for this job. Trump is going to get under her skin big time. If she manages to compose herself throughout this ordeal, I'll tip my hat to her.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
The Presidential Debate Will Be Fact-Checked in Real-Time

Fact-checking at presidential debates is often left up to debate moderators or the viewers themselves, but Bloomberg TV has decided to share the burden.

The debate, which is being hosted by NBC and moderated by Lester Holt, will be broadcast on C-SPAN, ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, and Bloomberg TV. While other television networks will fact-check the candidates’ claims during their post-debate coverage, Bloomberg TV is the only one that has committed to calling them out in real-time...
http://fortune.com/2016/09/26/fact-check-debate/

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
For those who won't be watching, I'm guessing you won't be voting either.
Well, I won't but so what? Should I?

The Democrats had their nominee chosen and then let Bernie Sanders show up and deceived millions of people into actually BELIEVING their votes counted and he had a chance. It was rigged from the get-go. Even last time (in 2008), she actually got more votes than Obama did albeit because he was not on the Michigan ballot.

Furthermore, what real choices do I have? You have to live in one of the first five or so states that vote because everybody drops out after New Hampshire.

In which case, you also won't need to complain about the next POTUS, whomever he or she might be, or the policies he/she enacts.
Hogwash. You've got it completely backwards here. If YOU (or whoever) votes someone IN office and they screw up.....how the hell is that MY fault???? That cliche we were taught when we were too young to know better simply doesn't hold up. To paraphrase George Carlin - if YOU put in crooked people then YOU are responsible. While I - who didn't even leave the house on Election Day - bear no responsibility for it whatsoever.

Imo that's why this country is in it's present condition.
Nobody can run for office anymore. One candidate is - supposedly - a billionaire. The other candidate is there (almost) solely and exclusively because she was MARRIED to the guy who had the job at one time. If Hillary Rodham of Little Rock, Arkansas - member of the Rose Law Firm and divorced from the meter maid - moves to New York in 1999 and announces she wants to be the Senator from New York do ANY of you seriously believe she wins? Of course not.

If someone tried to argue I could be a dental hygienist because my ex is a hygienist or argued my Mom could fix airplanes because my Dad could, we would laugh that person virtually out of existence. And yet for some reason in politics...you know, neither of Ric Flair's kids was much of a professional wrestler. And his wife certainly wasn't. Not one of the four, but I digress.

One is considered a 'successful businessman' by filing bankruptcy multiple times. He seemingly cannot let even the simplest barb pass without making an idiot of himself.

Too many people who think their own everyday lives are too important to be inconvenienced by such a trivial matter as a Presidential election.
Debates - something the networks want and virtually nobody else. It's cheap TV (reality) with a guaranteed audience.

Oh - and you wanna now the biggest myth of all - the so-called undecided voter. Puh-leeze. Everybody knows - and knew back in May - who they're voting for or against, plain and simple. This is completely unnecessary.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.