2016 Presidential Debates

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Trump was absolutely destroyed. There goes the Supreme Court.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk
Apparently you don't understand why he's winning.....these kind of debates aren't about scoring debate points. It's about looking like a fighter. It's about jobs. It's about standing up for the country.

The #1 issues on social media were taxes and the economy....that's bad for Hill

jthomas666

Hall of Fame
Aug 14, 2002
Birmingham & Warner Robins
Trump: "Hillary has been fighting ISIS her entire adult life."

If that's true then she can't be old enough to run for president. Maybe Trump should have asked for her birth certificate.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
Apparently you don't understand why he's winning.....these kind of debates aren't about scoring debate points. It's about looking like a fighter. It's about jobs. It's about standing up for the country.

The #1 issues on social media were taxes and the economy....that's bad for Hill
Trump is not winning anything. I hope I'm wrong but it was already a long shot and he buried himself tonight. I would be happy for you to bump my post if I'm wrong.

Sent from my Z958 using Tapatalk

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
These "debates" aren't really such as they're commonly understood. It doesn't really matter who "wins" the most points. Both retained their bases. This was a battle for the middle. There, HRC made up ground, ground Trump needed. However, there are two more "debates." This may be an election year in which the impressions of the voting public carried away from them may be the deciding factor, which is unusual...

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
are there really people out there that get flipped or convinced by a debate?
I've never heard of a single voter who was for A but after a debate (I'm sp among general election) flipped to B. However, where they help or hurt you is based on whether they reinforce or shatter preconceptions about you. If you're seen as something weak or bad and your response drives home that impression to the point you own it, it can rest it you.

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
These "debates" aren't really such as they're commonly understood. It doesn't really matter who "wins" the most points. Both retained their bases. This was a battle for the middle. There, HRC made up ground, ground Trump needed. However, there are two more "debates." This may be an election year in which the impressions of the voting public carried away from them may be the deciding factor, which is unusual...
See, I saw this more of Trump strengthening himself in two areas...the Midwest and Southwest....going after jobs, lower taxes, and bringing the companies back to the US.

He is going after the union vote "hugely" and "bigly"

This debate for Trump was about Ohio, PA, Mich, Wisconsin, Minn, Colorado, Nevada, etc.

There was nothing she did to strengthen her with her base.

She looked better....but he scored points with those that probably haven't voted in decades if ever, that will head out this year.

When she would say higher taxes, more temp jobs to rebuild the infrastructure, solar panels....she just reinforced to everyone that she is Obama light.

Did Lester Holt actually say we were in an era of unprecedented job growth?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I think that Hillary will win the election easily, regardless of how she performs in the debates. She can afford to shed states and is in a much, much better position in the electoral college. Trump on the other hand basically has to run the table by winning Virginia, Florida, Ohio, etc. or in card game terms get a royal flush in his first hand. That ain't gonna happen. Get ready for 8 years of Hillary.

Last edited:

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
When the press want the debates to matter (when Dems are winning) they matter. When they don't want them to matter (like when Mitt destroyed Obama in the first debate) they don't matter. I don't think that they matter that much at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
I think the candidates each got a message out in front of the public that maybe not all of their core demographic had heard.

Trump brought up super predator, and Hillary brought up his derogatory comments and attitudes towards women.

My other big take aways came from some after the fact interviews with some Trump campaign staff where they were trying to say that a "yeah sure" is not a yes (almost sounds like a "definition of is, is" moment). While also laying the groundwork that should the majority of pollsters, pundits and public think Trump did poorly, that it was essentially his first time so give him a break.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I think the candidates each got a message out in front of the public that maybe not all of their core demographic had heard.

Trump brought up super predator, and Hillary brought up his derogatory comments and attitudes towards women.

My other big take aways came from some after the fact interviews with some Trump campaign staff where they were trying to say that a "yeah sure" is not a yes (almost sounds like a "definition of is, is" moment). While also laying the groundwork that should the majority of pollsters, pundits and public think Trump did poorly, that it was essentially his first time so give him a break.
he' making other excuses this morning too.

"I had a problem with a microphone that didn't work," he said on "Fox and Friends." "My microphone was terrible. I wonder, was it set up that way on purpose? My microphone, in the room they couldn't hear me, you know, it was going on and off. Which isn't exactly great. I wonder if it was set up that way, but it was terrible."

"It was on and off, and it was much lower than hers. I don't want to believe in conspiracy theories, of course, but it was much lower than hers and it was crackling, and she didn't have that problem," he added. "That to me was a bad problem, you have a bum mic, it’s not exactly good."

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I think that Hillary will win the election easily, regardless of how she performs in the debates. She can afford to shed states and is in a much, much better position in the electoral college. Trump on the other hand basically has to run the table by winning Virginia, Florida, Ohio, etc. or in card game terms get a royal flush in his first hand. That ain't gonna happen. Get ready for 8 years of Hillary.
http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ep...ctions_electoral_college_map_no_toss_ups.html

If you look at this -- he only needs to win Florida to beat her. Plus PA is almost a tie.....and the only reason that Florida is for Hillary right now on this site, is because of the Liberal Monmouth poll that has Hillary up 5% while all the other polls have it a dead heat....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.