2016 Presidential Debates

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Yes she looked remarkably composed and he looked disheveled and out of sorts.

​By the way, has anyone called Sean Hannity and spoken to him yet about his conversations with Trump about the Iraq War?
my wife was watching the debate in the other room while i was watching the falcons kick the saints arse. i had gone in to get a beer and overheard the hannity thing. i had to ask my wife if he really just said that.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I'll repeat what I said above. These debates are basically beauty contests, not about "winning" or "losing." What counts is which debater the undecided voter can best visualize in the WH press room, answering questions and representing the face of the nation. In that, the general opinion is that Donald came out on the short end. However, there are two more debates to go...

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
I'll repeat what I said above. These debates are basically beauty contests, not about "winning" or "losing." What counts is which debater the undecided voter can best visualize in the WH press room, answering questions and representing the face of the nation. In that, the general opinion is that Donald came out on the short end. However, there are two more debates to go...
I agree Mr Earle, in this setting debate points are not the main thing. As someone who is neutral between the two candidates and will not be casting a vote(at all) in this election, I thought Trump had good command of the issues, but his presentation was awful, what with all the sighing and scowling he was doing(Remember Al Gore's sighing against W?). He did not look presidential. Hillary on the other hand still does not come across as very likeable, but I thought she kept her composure under some vicious attacks and at least played the part better. All of that leads me to believe last night's performance only helps her already extremely high likelihood of being elected as I've never thought Trump had much of a chance anyway.

Last edited:

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
well, he wouldn't have come off so bad if he wouldn't have had such a biased moderator

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
On the other hand, I don't think there's ever been a candidate so unprepared to stand on that stage as Trump was last night. And by extension, so unprepared for the office he's seeking. It plays right into Clinton's narrative that's he fundamentally unfit. Having that reality and those stakes demonstrated in front of 100 million people may sway some of the millennial voters who turned to third party options in protest. We'll see.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
On the other hand, I don't think there's ever been a candidate so unprepared to stand on that stage as Trump was last night. And by extension, so unprepared for the office he's seeking. It plays right into Clinton's narrative that's he fundamentally unfit. Having that reality and those stakes demonstrated in front of 100 million people may sway some of the millennial voters who turned to third party options in protest. We'll see.
I think that was basically Earle's point--it's all about perception and optics, not a running score or ledger on debate points.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I agree with you from a visual standpoint....

She (to me) did look fragile. She walked with a very slow gait....very cautious

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
I can't stand her. You all know that. But she must have had the Nick Saban of debate coaches coaching her up in prep for last night.

Trump had Gus Malzahn.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
Kind of like expecting Lester Holt to be neutral

You do realize Holt is a registered Republican right?

http://www.latimes.com/nation/polit...n-he-knew-the-man-s-1474895246-htmlstory.html

Republican presidential nominee Donald Trump didn't know moderator Lester Holt's political affiliation before labeling him a Democrat earlier this month, Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Monday.

Bloomberg Politics' co-managing editor Mark Halperin repeatedly pressed Conway on MSNBC's "Morning Joe" Monday, questioning why Trump called the NBC anchor a Democrat if he didn't know. Holt has registered as a Republican in New York since 2003.

"I don't think he knew what Lester Holt's registration was," Conway said. "A lie would mean he knew the man's party registration."

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I agree with you from a visual standpoint....

She (to me) did look fragile. She walked with a very slow gait....very cautious
I didn't see her that way at all, and I'm not even a fan of hers. From the reading I've done this morning, I'd say your view of her is not the view most undecided had at all...

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
I had a meeting this morning with a couple who are both retired college professors. He in political science.

After we finished our discussion about the project itself....I asked if he watched the debate. He didn't even want to talk about it. His wife told me later he's just so disgusted with both candidates he can't bring himself to even discuss anything with anybody.

It's sad. This guy taught political science...probably has a ton of interesting perspective. But it doesn't matter....because he's disgusted.

I'm not thrilled myself but it is what it is and you have to keep going.....

Highway59

1st Team
Jan 29, 2009
In Alabama off "highway59"
Probably should just chalk it up to Ninety minutes of my life I could have
been better served doing something else....:rolleye2:

In the end, Clinton supporters saw this....

Trump supporters saw this......

It seemed more like this to me......

And in the end, it made me feel like this......:blush:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.