2016 Presidential Debates

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL
As a father to a 12-year-old Harry Potter fan, I've seen these movies waaaaaay too much. Thus I feel compelled to respond: those two characters are terrible analogies for the presidential candidates. If anything:

Hillary Clinton = Hermione Granger. Hermione is prim, sanctimonious, socially awkward, and disguises an innate lack of talent with hard work and iron discipline.

Donald Trump = Draco Malfoy. Draco is cruel and malicious, but only because he has a need for others to admire him.

Of the two, only one is fit for office ...

Whew, I'm glad I have that off my chest.

:patriot:
Oh man...

Trump and Gilderoy Lockhart are the perfect analogy. Lockhart embellished everything and had this ability to cause people to swoon over him. In the end, he was nothing but a fraudster.

Clinton and Umbridge are almost as perfect. Umbridge was loyal to the state and treated the common folk as pawns and had no issue destroying people to advance the state's agenda. She also hated dissent or debate because she believed her way was the best and only way.

Of the two, neither are fit for office.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Oh man...

Trump and Gilderoy Lockhart are the perfect analogy. Lockhart embellished everything and had this ability to cause people to swoon over him. In the end, he was nothing but a fraudster.

Clinton and Umbridge are almost as perfect. Umbridge was loyal to the state and treated the common folk as pawns and had no issue destroying people to advance the state's agenda. She also hated dissent or debate because she believed her way was the best and only way.

hillary seemed to enjoy the debate this past monday.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Oh man...

Actually, I thought the analogy was spot on......I wonder how many times Bill has had "I must not 'Lay' - Bimbos" etched/burned on his hand....

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
As a father to a 12-year-old Harry Potter fan, I've seen these movies waaaaaay too much. Thus I feel compelled to respond: those two characters are terrible analogies for the presidential candidates. If anything:

Hillary Clinton = Hermione Granger. Hermione is prim, sanctimonious, socially awkward, and disguises an innate lack of talent with hard work and iron discipline.

Donald Trump = Draco Malfoy. Draco is cruel and malicious, but only because he has a need for others to admire him.

Of the two, only one is fit for office ...

Whew, I'm glad I have that off my chest.

:patriot:

:wink:

No offense intended, ol Ogre would be yelling at me over plenty of stuff as well.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
I'm starting to think he has a mental condition rather than being an outright knowing liar.
Could be. I know a conservative who hates Hillary but is voting for her as the lesser risk to the national security of the country. He considers her evil - but he considers Trump nuts.

chanson78

All-American
Nov 1, 2005
Huntsville, AL
People are saying Trump was high on cocaine during the debate. I'm not saying it, but it's what I've heard. Who knows if it's true, but I know what I have heard from some people. And these people have the biggest brains.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Gary Johnson cements his status as a protest vote without any substance or job qualification.

"Who's one foreign leader that you respect, you look up to?" Chris Matthews on MSNBC’s Hardball then asked.

Johnson sighed while his presidential running mate, former Massachusetts Gov. William Weld, suggested Shimon Peres, the former Israeli president who recently died.

"I'm talking about living - Go ahead! You gotta do this. Anywhere," Matthews replied, pointing at Johnson and listing countries and continents.

"I guess I'm having an Aleppo moment," Johnson said, referring to his previous gaffe.

“The former President of Mexico," he finally uttered.

"Which one?" Matthews pressed on.

"I'm having a brain fart," Johnson replied.
Link with video

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
People are saying Trump was high on cocaine during the debate. I'm not saying it, but it's what I've heard. Who knows if it's true, but I know what I have heard from some people. And these people have the biggest brains.
That was just an appeal to the Gary Johnson vote.....

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.