2016 Week Five Gameweek (Kentucky) Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conferences)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Saban: We challenged the players to play a much better game, and I thought we did that.
Saban on Damien Harris: Still day to day. Won't do much today.
Saban: The SEC is a tough league, and any game you play in this league is going to be a tough game
Saban on Tony Brown: Eligible to play in this game. Suspension is over.
Saban: Damien Harris (ankle), ArDarius Stewart (knee) and Robert Foster (knee) are all day-to-day.
Saban: Kentucky has played better the last couple of weeks, physical team.
Saban on Les Miles: First of all, Les Miles is one of the most respected colleagues in terms of rivalry we've had.
Saban: A man wins a national championship and two SEC titles, and he doesn't make it through the season?
Saban: This is similar to Georgia firing Mark Richt after he averaged 10 wins a season.
Saban on Tony Brown: He's got to work in developing trust in his teammates and coaches. He's been an outstanding special teams player for us
Saban on Josh Jacobs: "We found Josh a little late in recruiting but we were happy to get him. This is a guy that shows great maturity."
Saban said the team will work Brown in corner and Star.
Saban on Jonah Williams: He's just technically very sound. He's very athletic and does a great job of executing.
Saban on QB Jalen Hurts throwing: "I still think it's a matter of a couple of reads here and there that we need to clean up with him."
Saban: Jalen Hurts did a nice job against Kent State. He's gotten "progressively better" every week
Saban: "The big question we had going into the season was how much depth we had on defense, how we could sustain the season."
Saban on recruiting UK's Mark Stoops: "My history with the Stoops goes way back. ... There was just a lot of connects with the family."
Saban on Stoops: "All I know is they've gotten better each year he's been there. I think continuity in programs sometimes gets overlooked."

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
Wow, just wow on Jonah Williams. The guy has played four college football games and has been named one of our offensive players of the week three times and was named SEC freshman of the week. I can not believe this, it is such an anomaly that a true freshman OT is this dominant in the SEC.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Wow, just wow on Jonah Williams. The guy has played four college football games and has been named one of our offensive players of the week three times and was named SEC freshman of the week. I can not believe this, it is such an anomaly that a true freshman OT is this dominant in the SEC.
LT in waiting?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
This is the first time we've gotten a freshman OT like Williams and been so solid at LT already. We're as good at the two OT positions as we've ever been under Saban.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
This is the first time we've gotten a freshman OT like Williams and been so solid at LT already. We're as good at the two OT positions as we've ever been under Saban.
Well Fluker and Koundjaio (sp?) were really good so I'm not going that far yet. I will say if we continue to make progress at center and the guard spots, this unit could be right behind our 2012 OL.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Well Fluker and Koundjaio (sp?) were really good so I'm not going that far yet. I will say if we continue to make progress at center and the guard spots, this unit could be right behind our 2012 OL.
Fluker was hell on defenses but he always struck me as one of those guard types that we were able to get away with starting at OT at times under Saban. Barrett Jones, James Carpenter, DJ Fluker played OT for us but they either moved back inside during college or got moved to OG in the pros.

Cam Robinson and Jonah Williams is probably the best pure NFL OT tandem we've had under Saban.

Moro Creek

All-SEC
Jan 21, 2014
Equine country
Saw where Cotton is practicing with the ones. After specifically watching the RG on several plays the past two Saturdays, IMO, Lester Cotton showed last Saturday that he is way ahead of Shank in quickness and sustaining his blocks. He looked like he had been playing RG all year. I think we are a much better OL with LC in the lineup.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Great to hear our wounded are back on the field. I would assume that if (big if, maybe ) DH has a high ankle sprain, it may not be a bad one since he`s back on the field. Also, getting the feeling we`re on the cusp of having a real good OL. Hope that feeling`s accurate!

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
Fluker was hell on defenses but he always struck me as one of those guard types that we were able to get away with starting at OT at times under Saban. Barrett Jones, James Carpenter, DJ Fluker played OT for us but they either moved back inside during college or got moved to OG in the pros.

Cam Robinson and Jonah Williams is probably the best pure NFL OT tandem we've had under Saban.
Andre Smith was there a year but even as a freshman he had it but didn't have the level of HS coaching Jonah has had. Jonah is special indeed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.