Could Scarborough become a tight end?

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
I think we could eventually see Bo play a lot like Drake. Very versatile and he's got the physical ability to play a lot of places. Could be a big advantage to have him and DHv2 in the game with the ability to split bon out or play them as split backs. He just needs time to pick things up and get fully confident that he's over the injuries

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I just want him to contribute this year and hopefully get his burst back in 2017. He's going to be a great back for us and we're gonna be crazy deep at tailback for the next few years hopefully!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
First I've never heard of a glut at RB, but I'd love to see Bo catching the ball. I think this is the plan but the coaches are saving it until it's needed. It may not be needed until we are in a close game, but it's there waiting.
Well, last year we had Henry and a banged up KD.....

This year we have four that can Run, five with Gore, all will be back.... We are trying to bring in two more....starts to sound like a logjam to me....

Hence the purpose of my original post....if he can't get the carries, and we have capable backs, and he's too good to keep off the field, he might make a great TE....

ecraj

Scout Team
Jan 24, 2009
Florence, AL
"I just want him to contribute this year and hopefully get his burst back in 2017. He's going to be a great back for us and we're gonna be crazy deep at tailback for the next few years hopefully!"

I'm concerned that we may be to deep at tailback next year and some of the guys will try to transfer just so they get a shot at playing time.

Mke4Bama

All-SEC
Nov 21, 2006
Cullman (Good Hope)
"I just want him to contribute this year and hopefully get his burst back in 2017. He's going to be a great back for us and we're gonna be crazy deep at tailback for the next few years hopefully!"

I'm concerned that we may be to deep at tailback next year and some of the guys will try to transfer just so they get a shot at playing time.
Drink!

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I see everyone writing Bo off... and the season isn't even over at all. It's premature to say We need to start looking at Bo in a different position. Bo might get hot all of suddenly and perform well in 2nd half. We just don't know. If history tells us anything, we've seen players getting real hot in the last few games of the season.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I think and I may be wrong, but Kiffin and Saban don't like to really open up the playbook until halfway through the SEC Schedule... with Kentucky, Arkansas and TAMU coming up, I think TAMU is the game where we'll start seeing different varieties on the offense. I just feel like Bo still has a chance to contribute to the team this season, it just may not be until Arkansas game or TAMU or Auburn game. You just never know. We just need to be patient and see how the season unfold.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I see everyone writing Bo off... and the season isn't even over at all. It's premature to say We need to start looking at Bo in a different position. Bo might get hot all of suddenly and perform well in 2nd half. We just don't know. If history tells us anything, we've seen players getting real hot in the last few games of the season.
Might need to clean your monitor or phone then.

A simple discussion about him possibly moving to a different position due to the number of players at a certain position plus Bo's athleticism and versatility isn't writing him off. If anything, it's saying he's too good and too athletic to keep off the field and trying to figure out a way to get him out there.

Power Eye

All-SEC
Aug 3, 2005
Agreed. Ingram and Henry both took a little time to get rolling in their careers. I imagine that Bo is following a similar trajectory.
Ingram didn't take much time to make an impact. He had a great opening game against Clemson and was a nice relief for Coffee. I don't believe we've seen Bo break away for a big run yet, which is what I've been waiting for. Maybe he still isn't completely back from his injury, but I thought I recall that pre-injury he had great speed for a back his size.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
As soon as Bo hits an open hole and outruns everyone on a 80 yard TD run the TE conversation will end.

He is very good at catching the ball so I can see us using him in the slot or on the outside setting up mis-matches against LB's like we did with KD from time to time.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Might need to clean your monitor or phone then.

A simple discussion about him possibly moving to a different position due to the number of players at a certain position plus Bo's athleticism and versatility isn't writing him off. If anything, it's saying he's too good and too athletic to keep off the field and trying to figure out a way to get him out there.
Nothing is wrong with the monitor or the phone, but I did crack the screen on my phone the other day LOL. What I'm seeing is that when someone talks about him moving to another position, to me that tells me we've given up the idea of Bo at RB this season or in the future. That's how I picked up from the tone of the conversation. That's how I came to conclusion and I really don't think I'm disagreeing with anyone on the assessment of Bo right now, but I'm trying to be optimistic that he may suddenly get lot better and see more playing time and he wouldn't have to move to another positions. Someone mentioned that he's real good with hand and can play multiple positions. I'm just hoping we'll see enough of Bo to make assessment whether he has progress well or not.

tidefanbeezer

All-American
Sep 25, 2006
Atlanta, GA
Ingram didn't take much time to make an impact. He had a great opening game against Clemson and was a nice relief for Coffee. I don't believe we've seen Bo break away for a big run yet, which is what I've been waiting for. Maybe he still isn't completely back from his injury, but I thought I recall that pre-injury he had great speed for a back his size.
Ingram started well, then was inconsistent the rest of the year. Saban even mentioned Ingram struggling some in press conferences in 2008. I think Bo is just having the same struggles that lots of other freshman have.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Ingram started well, then was inconsistent the rest of the year. Saban even mentioned Ingram struggling some in press conferences in 2008. I think Bo is just having the same struggles that lots of other freshman have.
Then you have Jacob and Emmons having great freshman year, so everyone gets it on their own time.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.