Could Scarborough become a tight end?

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Any thoughts about a possible move of Scarborough to TE? He looked great catching the ball, and he is a big powerful target. With the glut at RB....any thoughts?

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think he's a good tailback with the potential to be a great tailback. Seeing how Mack Wilson seems like the short yardage FB, I wouldn't bet on a position change barring injury related needs. To be honest, I think Bo is a great compliment to a tailback who can take the outside keeper. Our best looks for the tailbacks have been inside runs and Scarbough has the strength to lower his shoulder through interior contact. I think he's been one of our better pass protection tailbacks and has often been on the field in those situations. Considering we have two true freshmen who are undoubtedly behind on pass protection, there is a role out there for a short 3rd down and long 3rd down back.

Harmost

All-American
Sep 19, 2005
I think he's a good tailback with the potential to be a great tailback. Seeing how Mack Wilson seems like the short yardage FB, I wouldn't bet on a position change barring injury related needs. To be honest, I think Bo is a great compliment to a tailback who can take the outside keeper. Our best looks for the tailbacks have been inside runs and Scarbough has the strength to lower his shoulder through interior contact. I think he's been one of our better pass protection tailbacks and has often been on the field in those situations. Considering we have two true freshmen who are undoubtedly behind on pass protection, there is a role out there for a short 3rd down and long 3rd down back.
Yeah, this. He's looked good at RB when he hasn't been wrapped up by 3 guys before he even gets the handoff. Let's keep him there.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Bo's versatility could be very beneficial. He could line up as a WR, TE, HB, and RB. Would be nice when Kiffin wants to go hurry up while changing the formation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
He's probably still not as explosive as he'd like coming off that injury well into the season last year.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000
I agree. Too good to keep off the field, even without his first step...
We just have so many great players. I would hope this is something they would have done in the off season. I think the coaches are very happy from what they saw from the 2 TF RB's. That is talent.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
Any thoughts about a possible move of Scarborough to TE? He looked great catching the ball, and he is a big powerful target. With the glut at RB....any thoughts?
First I've never heard of a glut at RB, but I'd love to see Bo catching the ball. I think this is the plan but the coaches are saving it until it's needed. It may not be needed until we are in a close game, but it's there waiting.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
There's rarely glut at tailback. It is a position of attrition. Harris is day to day, so we're likely to have to lean on Bo for some experience in the backfield against an SEC opponent this weekend.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.