Annoying Finebaum show

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
Is it just me, or is anybody else exasperated with most of the regular callers on Finebaum? I usually don't listen or watch, but I have a TV in my office and it happened to be on today when I got back from lunch. There is some guy from Jasper calling in early today (missed his name), and I just cannot listen to folks like him, Tammy, I-Man, Phyllis, Charles, etc. The problem is PF occasionally has some good interviews with coaches or other announcers that are worth listening to. I have never been a Finebaum fan (I believe he is vastly overrated), but I honestly believe he would do much better if he left certain callers off the show.

bama61

1st Team
Aug 24, 2004
North Alabama
Is it just me, or is anybody else exasperated with most of the regular callers on Finebaum? I usually don't listen or watch, but I have a TV in my office and it happened to be on today when I got back from lunch. There is some guy from Jasper calling in early today (missed his name), and I just cannot listen to folks like him, Tammy, I-Man, Phyllis, Charles, etc. The problem is PF occasionally has some good interviews with coaches or other announcers that are worth listening to. I have never been a Finebaum fan (I believe he is vastly overrated), but I honestly believe he would do much better if he left certain callers off the show.
For the most part love his interviews, but can't abide the callers and just mute those portions of the program if I happen to be watching. Sadly, it's muted most of the time.

CrimsonForce

Hall of Fame
Dec 20, 2012
For the most part love his interviews, but can't abide the callers and just mute those portions of the program if I happen to be watching. Sadly, it's muted most of the time.
Same. Love when he has Herbstreit, Gary Danielson, etc on the show. Really don't care much for the folks calling in..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I only watch when something crazy has happened in the SEC, when the crazies really come out of the woodwork. I don't really care what PF has to say.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I used to watch for the interviews. I've since opted for Pandora, smooth jazz, mostly, although I have several genres. Keeps me sane, I'm retired. I do get some the PF stuff off of ESPN.
I listen to books on tape instead. About the only time I listen to the radio at all anymore is when I'm in the shower or getting dressed.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I used to think the “callers” were not real people but fake callers that worked for the radio station then I met someone who actually knew one of the callers. I still have doubts.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA
Dunno.. I'm usually too busy with other things like answering telemarketing calls, clipping my toe nails, flossing my cats' teeth, my job and a number of other fascinating things I do during the day. Seriously though, when I did listen a couple of years ago, I can verify what you all say about interviews being very good -- PF is a great interviewer but I cannot take the calls. Maybe because it reminds me of a lot of people I grew up with. Idiots. As good as the interviews are, to me it's not worth waiting on them between callers.

DzynKingRTR -- Tammy is all too real, I'm afraid. I've met her before. And I'm not proud of that. Just wanted you to know... yes, these people are real.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There is one member here who used to call in a bunch...Chris...but he doesn't call in or post much here anymore.

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
I used to think the “callers” were not real people but fake callers that worked for the radio station then I met someone who actually knew one of the callers. I still have doubts.
Years ago, I was at a get-together and met Bobby from Homewood and Bama Earl (not to be confused with our Earle). So, I know for a fact at least those two are/were real. Earl was obnoxious and Bobby was a weaselly, wormy little dude.

Bama Earl, if you're a member here, my apologies. I call 'em like I see 'em.

There is one member here who used to call in a bunch...Chris...but he doesn't call in or post much here anymore.

Chris from Gulf Shores? I loved that guy!

Isaiah 63:1

All-American
Dec 8, 2005
Probably at 35k or in an airport somewhere
I always liked PF when he was on Mark and Brian's show on I-95 in Birmingham in the mid-80s. When a certain, allegedly academically-challenged, Auburn running back decided to return for his senior season rather than enter the NFL draft, Finebaum said, "Brent Fullwood announced today, through an interpreter…"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Catfish

Hall of Fame
Oct 11, 2005
Birmingham
Years ago, I was at a get-together and met Bobby from Homewood and Bama Earl (not to be confused with our Earle). So, I know for a fact at least those two are/were real. Earl was obnoxious and Bobby was a weaselly, wormy little dude.

Bama Earl, if you're a member here, my apologies. I call 'em like I see 'em.
Just an little aside on Bobby from Homewood. If I remember correctly, he was somehow involved in that whole "The REC was giving Bama recruits Dodge Chargers to sign" thing a while back. I think most of it had to do with players from Anniston and Gadsden. There was more to the accusations than just the Chargers thing, but that was what most people remember. The whole thing ended up blowing up in the faces of the guys that were pushing the conspiracy and demanding that every reporter in the state run down car registrations. Bobby has been laying low ever since. Maybe somebody remembers more about it. Selma?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.