Annoying Finebaum show

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
He has made quite a career for himself pitting the Bama and Barn fans against each other. He is only annoying if realize the dude is only trying to make news and generate conversation with his antics. My biggest beef with him lately is his insistence that he was convinced that Nick was going to hang it up at Alabama at the end of last year...which is a total fallacy. Once upon a time I think Pawl was respected by Saban but I think that relationship has now deteriorated since Finebaum self anointed himself as an expert on Nick and crossed the line on several occasions recently.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
Pawwwl made the choice to distance the show from his quality callers, and cater to the lunatic fringe nutcase callers.

Plus, you have a never ending parade of espn talking heads saying the same things over and over, so it blurres into a radio version of a tie dye shirt.

Finally, I have no desire to hear what arkansas, mizzou, tamu fans etc have to say

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
The Paul finebaum show is an open air TTC. I don't know why people treat it any different, and think insightful information will be gained anywhere close to 80% of the show. You watch or listen to it for the callers. Some days I'm down to listen to it and some days I would prefer to listen to my tires rolling, but i listen for pure entertainment and not to gain insight on college football

Fwiw I love the the quote by wright Thomas that he found about finebaum and people from Alabama from another sports caster... " There are 2 types of people in the state of Alabama. Those who listen to the Paul Finebaum Show, and the liars."

92teamownsall

Scout Team
Sep 10, 2013
Only listen so I can hear Tammy, Darrell, I man and Phyllis get riled up. Paul gets painted as a ...... sometimes but he will paint southerners as backwood hicks in a second if it will get him better ratings which is all he cares about.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Is it just me, or is anybody else exasperated with most of the regular callers on Finebaum? I usually don't listen or watch, but I have a TV in my office and it happened to be on today when I got back from lunch. There is some guy from Jasper calling in early today (missed his name), and I just cannot listen to folks like him, Tammy, I-Man, Phyllis, Charles, etc. The problem is PF occasionally has some good interviews with coaches or other announcers that are worth listening to. I have never been a Finebaum fan (I believe he is vastly overrated), but I honestly believe he would do much better if he left certain callers off the show.
I find all of the characters entertaining.

bamanix

1st Team
Mar 24, 2010
I don't watch the show for 4 hours, but, I do enjoy about two hours worth. some of the callers, make me laugh, and they can be entertaining. I especially like his segments with spears and many different sports analysts around the country. I will continue to watch and laugh, and get some info that is helpful.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I used to listen to him when he first had his own show in Birmingham in the early 90s. He had a few regulars, but they were all relatively normal as talk show callers go. After a time, I drifted to the other show in town because I just found his radio personality annoying. He seemed to be rather rude to people, as if he were above everyone else. I moved away for several years and was shocked when he grew into a national sensation. When I moved back to the Birmingham area and his show got syndicated, I avoided listening, especially when one of his regulars would call.

If you like it, that's fine. It just isn't my cup of tea.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
I enjoy the guests. Can't abide the callers, regular or otherwise.

If it's convenient, I'll check in at the top or bottom of the hour, when most guests come on. If it's callers, I move on to a playlist on my phone.

Last edited:

Tider n LA

All-SEC
Dec 7, 2003
Alabama
Paul does good interviews. As far as the callers, I hate Tammy, Charles from Reeltown and I-man because they are idiot auburn fans. The Georgia fan, Darrell, talks so fast that he starts to ask one question before he is through asking the previous question. I can't lie, I love to hear Legend talk. He is hilarious.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013
Same. Love when he has Herbstreit, Gary Danielson, etc on the show. Really don't care much for the folks calling in..
Same here. I would listen more if he'd lose his "regular" callers.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
I have the DVR set. Watch the first 5 min to see who he is having on and then proceed to fast forward to the guests. Generally pass right over the callers. If the show was 2 hrs w/guests like analysts, current and former coaches, current/former players etc. it would be good because I think he can be a good interviewer. As is, its much too long and most of the callers or annoying, ill-informed, homers or all of the above.

Clubfitter

Hall of Fame
Feb 21, 2009
Meridianville, Al
www.amtrustwebsite.com
Used to listen to the Finebaum show on radio back in the day (before internet took over) and found his callers to be entertaining. Several years ago that changed to a waste of my time. When Finebaum went to the SEC network I started watching again but still found his callers boring and a waste of time. I will say, I think he has great guests and I think Finebaum is a great interviewer so I watch him when he is interviewing an interesting guest and switch channels when the caller segment comes on. I may or may not switch back depending on what else I find that is interesting.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.