Annoying Finebaum show

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Is it just me, or is anybody else exasperated with most of the regular callers on Finebaum? I usually don't listen or watch, but I have a TV in my office and it happened to be on today when I got back from lunch. There is some guy from Jasper calling in early today (missed his name), and I just cannot listen to folks like him, Tammy, I-Man, Phyllis, Charles, etc. The problem is PF occasionally has some good interviews with coaches or other announcers that are worth listening to. I have never been a Finebaum fan (I believe he is vastly overrated), but I honestly believe he would do much better if he left certain callers off the show.
The appeal of the Paul Finebaum Show has always been his snide remarks and the oddball characters who call in. HOWEVER... PF is a good interviewer and has always had some interesting guests. PF has carved out a Niche in the sports show business.
Ya got to take PF with a grain of sand... His is a sports entertainment show. ESPN saw the appeal PF has with the football nuts and decided to take a gamble on giving him a TV spot.
He has done well.

Mamacalled

Hall of Fame
Dec 4, 2000
Pelham, Al
I always liked PF when he was on Mark and Brian's show on I-95 in Birmingham in the mid-80s. When a certain, allegedly academically-challenged, Auburn running back decided to return for his senior season rather than enter the NFL draft, Finebaum said, "Brent Fullwood announced today, through an interpreter…"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
LOL, Mark and Brian. I used to listen to them when I lived in Los Angeles when they moved out there. They were hilarious

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
DzynKingRTR -- Tammy is all too real, I'm afraid. I've met her before. And I'm not proud of that. Just wanted you to know... yes, these people are real.
My uncle use to work with her, before he retired. He's a 76 year old Auburn fan, and when Tammy's name came up n a conversation a few years ago, he looks at me with wide eyes and said "What you hear on the radio is the way Tammy is all of the time! She's really like that!"

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
When I first saw the thread title, I thought it was in reference to a particular day's broadcast on Finebum. Then I realized it was talking about the show in general.

wishbonedays

1st Team
Mar 30, 2003
Hanceville, AL, USA
www.wfl1974.com
I always liked PF when he was on Mark and Brian's show on I-95 in Birmingham in the mid-80s. When a certain, allegedly academically-challenged, Auburn running back decided to return for his senior season rather than enter the NFL draft, Finebaum said, "Brent Fullwood announced today, through an interpreter…"

I loved them...listened to them all of the time...I remember when they called someone at 84 Lumber in Knoxville to order plywood to finish out the "VOLS" sign at Neyland Stadium...whoever they had on the phone took the order as serious and proceeded to take the order. It was fantastic...I laughed all the way from Bham to Hanceville.

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
I loved them...listened to them all of the time...I remember when they called someone at 84 Lumber in Knoxville to order plywood to finish out the "VOLS" sign at Neyland Stadium...whoever they had on the phone took the order as serious and proceeded to take the order. It was fantastic...I laughed all the way from Bham to Hanceville.
anyone remember the Mark & Brian Iron Bowl song?

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
My uncle use to work with her, before he retired. He's a 76 year old Auburn fan, and when Tammy's name came up n a conversation a few years ago, he looks at me with wide eyes and said "What you hear on the radio is the way Tammy is all of the time! She's really like that!"
I can't link the video of the autograph signing because of board policies ( not profane or stuff, buy something else), but she came down when she heard that a certain former Bama player was coming to sign autographs for charity and was going to share his personal story in front of a church. She was ok at the autograph signing and was actually kinda tame and really nice, but at church she had the audacity to yell *** ***** at the top of her lungs after the Bama player gave his testimony. So yes she is pretty annoying and obnoxious, but I think Finebaum has them scripted a certain way to be more annoying and obnoxious.

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
I hated Mark and Brian. When I found out they were barners I hated them even more.

Alabama22

1st Team
Aug 3, 2010
Alabama
I do listen to Wes Neighbors' show in Huntsville each day on the way home from work. It's much better than Finebaum! Very few annoying callers. Anybody else heard his show and agree with me?

kyallie

FB Moderator
Staff member
Jan 17, 2010
Shakopee Minnesota, via Birmingham Alabama
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17678794

I passed on this. Yet another example of Annoying Finebaum Show. PF is a opportunist and a hypocrite. When CNS left those jobs it was a business decision, when an 18 or19 year old kid signs an loi, he should finish the out season, and then leave if need be. Comparing CNS to B. Barnett is like apples and oranges and ludacris. I passed on a Mike and Mike video, and at least one other site sniping at Coach Saban in the same vein. They're sanctimonious opportunists making their living talking about others, and they couldn't even park a bicycle straight. Now i'll tell you how I realy feel................

Last edited:

81usaf92

TideFans Legend
Apr 26, 2008
South Alabama
http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17678794

I passed on this. Yet another example of Annoying Finebaum Show. PF is a opportunist and a hypocrite. When CNS left those jobs it was a business decision, when an 18 or19 year old kid signs an loi, he should finish the out season, and then leave if need be. Comparing CNS to B. Barnett is like apples and oranges and ludacris. I passed on a Mike and Mike video, and at least one other site sniping at Coach Saban in the same vein. They're sanctimonious opportunists making their living talking about others, and they couldn't even park a bicycle straight. Now i'll tell you how I realy feel................
They are shock jocks, that's what they do. Its like Skip Bayless this morning calling CNS overrated because his defense has given up 43 points in a game.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Just heard PF rant about Saban's "hypocrisy". I would love to see Saban go off on him again after hearing that.

You listen to stuff like this and you understand why coaches like Parcells, Belichick and Saban treat the media with such disdain.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.