News Article: Blake Barnett quit the team

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Pony

All-American
Nov 14, 1999
Pelham
Re: Blake Barnett Transferring

Crazy, he has to sit next year anyway. Bad move IMO 4 games in. You are 1 play away from being the starter and obviously his ego has played a factor here. Como sense who dictate staying until the end of the year at least. SMH

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

Who didn't see this coming? I too thought he would wait until the season was over, but can't fault him. This looks to be the future of college football. I wish him every success wherever he goes.

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL

I guess what he means is if he sits out the rest of this season, can he play next year?
No - but the 1 advantage getting out of the program does give him is that he can start "shopping", which he cannot legally do while still on scholarship at Alabama. He can shop around, find what he wants, go through spring plus next year on the team but not playing. Gives him time to learn the system and hopefully be ready to start 2018 season.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001

It seems to me if a player accepts a scholly then he owes it to the school and his teammates to finish out the season.
They don't jerk schollys in midseason, that should work both ways.

DrollTide

All-SEC
Oct 18, 2008
Hunts Patch

Sorry to see this, and I am a little surprised. There does not seem to be much to be gained, and much to be lost leaving the team at week 4. He is one snap away from starter, he can still learn more system and worst case learn more about Alabama's system (if he ever plays against us), and he has a pretty good shot at a ring this year.

The good news for us is that Jalen has such a lead on him that he reckons on no chance of playing this year. Maybe if I had a surfer girlfriend who looks like his does, back in CA, I would leave too.

Tide&True

All-American
Sep 24, 2004
Murfreesboro, TN

I'll be honest with you...I never had a good feeling about Blake. I'm not going to sit here and say bad things about him...just did not get that vibe from him about being all in.

TideEngineer08

TideFans Legend
Jun 9, 2009
Beautiful Cullman, AL

There is really nothing positive about this at all. Without venturing into player bashing territory, I will just say this reinforces the notion that he didn't have what it takes to lead a team.

You are one play away from starting. Just one. At the end of the year this would have been perfectly acceptable but not during the season. I want to wish him well but I'm finding it difficult to do right now.

I guess I need to be careful... Maybe there are circumstances outside the realm of mere playing time.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL

It seems to me that he doesn't understand what Coach Saban means when he says to make their butt quit.

Sabanizer

Suspended
Dec 6, 2000

Makes me a little sick to the stomach to lose a player of his ability. Any other year in the Saban era he would be starting, we just lucked upon a real deal dual threat. They are harder to scout imo. I really wish he would have stuck it out, he is always one play away from being the starter and could have had a leg up. I do expect to see him at a quality school and in the NFL in a few years. I have no bad feelings and wish him well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.